7 Years Later

Bahama Dreamz

LVC Member
Reaction score
After joining the LVC Forums in 2006 i have finally started to become a contributing member.

I just found an LS sitting up on my little island with a fuel delivery issue. The poor girl was sitting jacked up in the air on one side because the guy who had it was trying to drop the tank to change to fuel pump. ( yea i know). Surrounded by tall bush and wearing very unfitting shoes that were worn down (floating spinners on flat tires) I decided to adopt her. As i walked pass her, her headlights seemed to follow me as i got closer. when i touched her hood we connected. She knew she was going to be mine, as a whimpered squeak escaped her sun burnt body sounding almost as a sigh of relief.

I decided that I must inquire immediately and went to go find the owner. A quick knock on the house door revealed that the owner was not going to be available until later and that I must wait to talk to him but I may have a look at the car. So I proceeded to check her out and when I sat in the car she told me what was wrong. It wasn't the fuel pump oh no. It was her inertia switch that needed to be reset. It was activated because of the undeserving owner abusing and neglecting her. That of which she wanted no more. I told her everything was going to be fine and she would be taken to a better place as soon as possible. After waiting on then talking with the owner we came to an agreement and i will be getting her tomorrow. (today since i wrote this at 1 AM)

She is very excited and cannot wait to come to her new home. I still haven't figured out a name for her yet but i will figure out something soon.

1013671_10200216661838914_313354136_n.jpg

More Pics to come when I pick her up tomorrow.

1013671_10200216661838914_313354136_n.jpg

Congrats !! I'd call her Dead Red and re christin her on completion of recovery. Ive been where you are, San Salvador. Eleuthera, Exumas, dove for black coral ( b 4 it was verboten) , learned the Bahamian moor. The conk is good there and I hiked across that paradise Island bridge a few times. Are you going to paint her?

You, sir, took stalker to a whole new level! Congrats on the pickup - please get rid of all that chrome :)

Great story... Cant wait to see what you can do... Let us know if you need anything, Happy to help.

Congrats !! I'd call her Dead Red and re christin her on completion of recovery. Ive been where you are, San Salvador. Eleuthera, Exumas, dove for black coral ( b 4 it was verboten) , learned the Bahamian moor. The conk is good there and I hiked across that paradise Island bridge a few times. Are you going to paint her?

Thanks man i just got her today and i am going to repaint here yes but possibly the same red colour it not similar. you have been around more then I have. only a couple of the family islands i have visited. and i just had me one conch snack today lol.

Just picked her up today and got her at my house. i havent really been able to really check it out yet but i will tomorrow. here are some more pics i thought i would share.

IMG_0221.jpg
IMG_0222.jpg
IMG_0220.jpg
IMG_0225.jpg
IMG_0226.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg

got her for a really good price. with a new fuel pump and 20 inch DUB spinners. the window is stuck down and the fuel system still needs to be sorted out but I am sure i could get those problems sorted out. I already checked the inertia switch and it is pushed in. the guy put the fuel pump in but tomorrow i will slap a battery in it and take a look see.

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

ok guys now trying to trouble shoot whats going on with her. i am getting power to the fuel pump but still nothing. also its not cranking when i turn the key. i checked all the fuses. any suggestions would be great

ok guys now trying to trouble shoot whats going on with her. i am getting power to the fuel pump but still nothing. also its not cranking when i turn the key. i checked all the fuses. any suggestions would be great

If it were just the fuel pump you'd get some cranking but no turn over. When you put the key in do the lights turn on? Are you getting power to the starter?

lights on the dash do turn on. and i have checked all of the fuses. i am going to check for power to the starter in a couple of minutes but it is mid day hot and i have to wait for a friend to turn the key for me. i am not getting any cranking at all. i will be back soon with an update

PATS light is blinking rapidly whenever i turn the key and always keeps blinking rapidly untill i remove the key from on or start. i have to go back to work and will be back later

ok i do think its my pats system. anyway around this because our dealer wants up to two hundred to recut and program a key and i will have to tow it there for another 80 bucks. i only have the one key that doesnt work so i cant just add one

ok i do think its my pats system. anyway around this because our dealer wants up to two hundred to recut and program a key and i will have to tow it there for another 80 bucks. i only have the one key that doesnt work so i cant just add one

Does it stop blinking or just keeps consistently blinking?

Does it stop blinking or just keeps consistently blinking?
constantly blinks fast when trying to start

Edit: i was able to sit in it and mess around for a while before this crazy storm came and i think the light is putting out code 15 after a little research i have discovered. so im gonna be hitting the sit up a bit more to see whats going on

Ok so with alot of help from joegr (Greatfully thankful) and jjcool ( thanks man sorry to leave you hanging) i was able to go the route of getting a locksmith to come and redo the key and he made and gave me a new one but now i am still having a problem with PATS. i have made a video to show everyone whats going on. the problem is exlained and shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLbTb00Mo-A&feature=youtu.be

thanks in advance

Ok so with alot of help from joegr (Greatfully thankful) and jjcool ( thanks man sorry to leave you hanging) i was able to go the route of getting a locksmith to come and redo the key and he made and gave me a new one but now i am still having a problem with PATS. i have made a video to show everyone whats going on. the problem is exlained and shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLbTb00Mo-A&feature=youtu.be

thanks in advance

That's PATS code 12... one blink followed by two blinks 12....

code 12 - This appears to be a bad transceiver in the steering col. The only test is to replace with a known good unit. The part number is XW4Z 15607-AA

thanks man well so it seems like the flip key fob one is working but what about the code that is happening on the new ilco key that the locksmith just did? it stays solid and then blinks as such also i may need to get this from a junk yard wont i? living on this island makes things hard to find and dealer prices outstanding.
do i need to order this part with the keys too?

thanks man jjcool00, i did get a good answer from joegr saying that that code means "Anti-theft number of programmed keys is below minimum" (minimum for Ford is two). B1213.

kudos to joegr for his very in depth knowledge in these cars and especially the PATS system!

Man I REALLY wish my 2003 had the same parking brake yours has. I freakin' hate the electric one mine has. The center console handle cable operated emergency brake IMO is the best, most useful design for the parking brake ever devised.

Man I REALLY wish my 2003 had the same parking brake yours has. I freakin' hate the electric one mine has. The center console handle cable operated emergency brake IMO is the best, most useful design for the parking brake ever devised.

while normally I would agree with you that the true hand brake is far better, because of that the center console was so small and useless, the 03 really has almost ten times as much room inside. i cant see losing that much room on a car that only has an auto trans.

its also nice having an indicator that tells you when its time to replace you battery before its too late and you destroy your alternator as the same time. lol

now if I could get an 03 with a V8 and a proper gear box, any thing other than a hand brake would be a terrible idea.

thanks man jjcool00, i did get a good answer from joegr saying that that code means "Anti-theft number of programmed keys is below minimum" (minimum for Ford is two). B1213.

kudos to joegr for his very in depth knowledge in these cars and especially the PATS system!

I'll second that, many people have helped me with issues I've had as I am new to the LS family, but Joegr "really" knows his stuff.

Oh and grats on the new aquaintence, she's pretty. Goodluck!

Members online

No members online now.
Back