7 second 81 caddy

LXRY YOT

LVC Member
Reaction score
This first aired last monday. Did anyone see this monster garage episode where they tricked out the 81 caddy that ran just over 7 seconds? This thing was awesome! It had a 70's pimp daddy metallic paint job, tubbed, and lowered. The best part, there was another 81 caddy that showed up looking totally stock and SMOKED the monster garage caddy!!! What a frickin sleeper!

81 Caddy 1/4 miler

Scott

It didnt go anywhere near that fast. It did the 1/4 in 14 somthing seconds, and got smoked bye a 12 second caddy.

The Caddy motor was underrated as a hot rod prospect . Caddy made some of the largest production motors ever even a 500 CI , in the early 70 s I think ,you Caddy guys set me straight..They made a decent amount of HP and there was a fair amount of hot rod equipment produced for them . in the 60s and 70s the muscle era....I did two 49 Fords with caddy engines in 60s , Fordalacs they were called at the time.

Topcat said:
Caddy made some of the largest production motors ever even a 500 CI , in the early 70 s I think ,you Caddy guys set me straight..

I had a '76 Fleetwood Brougham with a 500 cu.in. V8. It needed every cube in it to haul its huge mass around. :cool:

76fleet01.jpg

What a ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nysbadmk8 said:
It didnt go anywhere near that fast. It did the 1/4 in 14 somthing seconds, and got smoked bye a 12 second caddy.

Your telling me that a stripped down caddy with a blown 502 engine took over 14 seconds to run the quarter. A stock 4,000lb, 225hp Mark VII will do 16 seconds or better in the quarter. The guy in the other caddy said at the end of the show that if Jesse tuned it up a bit it should run in the 6's. When did they mention it only ran 14's? What am I missing here?

Scott

LXRY YOT said:
Your telling me that a stripped down caddy with a blown 502 engine took over 14 seconds to run the quarter. A stock 4,000lb, 225hp Mark VII will do 16 seconds or better in the quarter. The guy in the other caddy said at the end of the show that if Jesse tuned it up a bit it should run in the 6's. When did they mention it only ran 14's? What am I missing here?

Scott

I thought the guy he raced started before jesse did? (only reason he won)

ibm engine and commodore 64 brakes. Thats for sure

He seemed like a little baby. "The engine needs to be at an angle" whiner, and then he was like "no brakes, no tools" , dont threaten me kid.

But the car was a nice looker. Leave the white leather !!!!

The whole dragstrip scene at the end was unclear. I did see where it looked like the other caddy was leaving a lot sooner. But that's how it's done. Whatever you dial in at is what your "really" racing. I thought the idea of building the car was speed. That thing launched so well with those tires but Jesse sucks at reaction times.

Scott

Werent they bracket racing? and didnt jessie have a quicker time?

LXRY YOT said:

Scott

They track they raced at was only an 1/8th mile track. Lets just say for the sake of agrument, that Jesse ran a 7.00 in the 1/8th. If that had been the 1/4, it'd be like a high 10 second run.

squirell said:
Either way the other Cad was a super sleeper.

I don't know..The "monster" vehicles always seem to get their asses wupped at the end. I haven't seen too many episodes that I really like. The tailgater episode was pretty sweet though. :)

Kale

hey DRILLER, How was your '76 Fleetwood Brougham? what was it like to drive? Was it quick at all? what kind of MPG did u get? I'm very curious because i've always wanted to own one of those, but my parents (im 18) always said no, its too large and old.

Members online

No members online now.
Back