6o6o Install

the computer is where the clutch pedal goes. so you have to lengthen all 3 million (rough estimate) wires to put the computer somewhere else.
other than that, you will need to wire the park/neutral switch to the clutch switch so it will start, and wire up the reverse gear switch for the reverse lights.

thats it?!?!?

so what am i going to need for the swap?

t5 or TR-3650
pedal assembly

that's what i know of.
but i mean, how much wiring can there be? you putting in a manual trans. lol.
the hard part, as far as i'm concerned, is getting the shifter in the right spot. but if you buy a 3650, i do not believe there are any fitment problems.
then it's onto driveshaft and clutch pedal.

Could you get us a cost breakdown if you dont mind?

Last edited:
Of a swap?

All depends on the parts used.

But $1500 to $3500 will put a third pedal in the car....

2005 TR3650 $400-$800

SC clutch pedal assembly ~$150

6 bolt flywheel ~$50-$150

Disc and plate ~$150-$400

Driveshaft for +2005 TR3650 $500

Shifter $150-$250

Misc $400. (nuts, bolts, speedcal, boot, harness mods)

Forgot custom Tune... $500 from BOC

If you get a used flywheel also have to have it machined which cost me $45

I had $250 in wire alone to move the computer

Also I'm not sure if the 05+ driveshaft will work, From what I was told mine was a custom one from Denny's and it was close to $500 new

Could you get some $$ back out of the auto stuff when your done at all?

Could you get some $$ back out of the auto stuff when your done at all?

Forgot custom Tune... $500 from BOC

If you get a used flywheel also have to have it machined which cost me $45

I had $250 in wire alone to move the computer

Also I'm not sure if the 05+ driveshaft will work, From what I was told mine was a custom one from Denny's and it was close to $500 new

For under $300, I'll go with a Moates QH and EECEditor and do it myself.

$250 in wiring? Holy smokes man. Even teflon jacketed shouldn't have been that much unless that's including someone elses labor. I could build an extension in a couple of hours, but it's what I do.

A mustang shaft won't work, and from what I've read, $500 is about right.

For under $300, I'll go with a Moates QH and EECEditor and do it myself.

$250 in wiring? Holy smokes man. Even teflon jacketed shouldn't have been that much unless that's including someone elses labor. I could build an extension in a couple of hours, but it's what I do.

Moved my computer all the way to the trunk.. 82 wires x 14ft equals A LOT of wire...

As for the tune, To each there own I didnt want to mess with tuning my car. Just wanted someone that knew what there doing to do it...

Moved my computer all the way to the trunk.. 82 wires x 14ft equals A LOT of wire...

As for the tune, To each there own I didnt want to mess with tuning my car. Just wanted someone that knew what there doing to do it...

Yes, it is. But still... Wow. I'm used to spending $500 for 100 foot rolls of multiconductor (Belden or Alpha) some shielded for signal use, other for machine I/O. But single conductor stranded...

Did you use a scrap PCM and harness for the ends?

I haven't tuned a late model Ford, but I used to tune my supercharged tune port 80 Malibu and my I tune my 84 SVO running a megasquirt.

6060 install

You do not have to move the pcm. It will still fit under in under the dash. You will lose the wopee vent though. It will require a new driveshaft also. I'm getting ready to install a coyote 5.0 ltr. and whipple in the shark. this is a crate eng from Ford. I plan on using the new elec pwr steering. and Fords tuning. May have some issues with the ABS ans air suspension. I think this can be worked out. should be fun. I really like the 6speed in this car. every now and then really get a reaction from someone about it.

Coyote? That's a hell of a lot of money for power you could get by other means, what are your goals with the car?

Very good info in this thread. A thought: I did a TKO swap into my Cougar, and found it much easier to junk the entire pedal assy and the TEVES and just use a racing pedal/cylinder set. You can get tom to mount with the master cylinders on either side of the firewall.... of course, this was much easier because my car was gutted and had a custom dash. When my Mark is Manual'ed, that's how I plan to do it again. I won't be doing because Street Rod, I'll be doing it Because Racecar. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back