45 years and counting

jerrym3

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Big milestones for 2014.

My 1964 Galaxie 500XL convert turned 50, and I've owned her for 45 years. (She also hit 217,000 miles.)

Look at it this way.

If you bought a used 2003 LS in 2008, and kept the car, you will hit the "50 years old" and "45 years owned" mark in 2053..........

On my 2014 "to do" or "like to do" list:

1) make a decision on replacing the aluminum interior door panel inserts

2) keep looking for the best matching driver's side mirror

3) rechrome the interior moldings around the windshield

4) go to the Wildwood, NJ, autoshow

Other than that, she's done.

Have a Happy 2014.

Quite an old girl you got there. Mine just turned 17 years, but only 9 years of ownership since 2005.

My CTS turned 10 years old and 10 years of ownership. I bought her new in the end of 2003 (beginning of 2004 model year) and now she has about 200,000 miles her self, technically I guess she turned 10 in September or October but shes a 2004 so what ever. I went to an auto show and car auction 7 or 8 years ago in Atlantic City and that was a nice place, they had some very interesting cars. This year I plan on taking the Fam to the NYC auto show, I think it's in March or April last time I went there I think it was like 2004 or 2005. I saw a really nice 96 Fleetwood yesterday and I really want one now. I guess that's what my project is going to be for this year, find a clean 94-96 Fleetwood with decent mileage, preferably the Brougham trim level. Theres a nice 1995 base model with 77,000 by me but the guy wants too much for it, slowly he starts to lower the price, so im waiting a bit till I think he will consider my offer.

Idk, Im torn between the two, I love the size, RWD, and LT1 of the Fleetwood, but I love the looks, more advanced safety features and yes despite their problems I am a huge Northstar fanatic and other things the Deville has to offer. Ill see whats out there ive got time, I know the Fleetwood is more reliable and easier to work on, but Devilles hold a special spot in my heart. Fleetwoods are more rare (at least in my area) and it would be cooler to own a Fleetwood. Like I said I have time and want to get a taste of whats out there before I jump on anything.

Members online

Back