4.6 Ls????

I come across many people that think its a 4.6 and the follow up to the Mark.

Please, I wish.

One performance shop told me they had a LS in once and its really easy to work with since its a modular 4.6. Obviously they suck!

lol, LIES! a 4.6 would make this car a LOT quicker, tons more torque. And horsepower... duh.

I like how he lists all the lies first, then he starts the second part with "and a true story about this car..."

wow.

Don't we all wish they offered a 4.6 in our cars, that would mean that us V6 guys would have the 4.0 V6.

Air Conditioned Seats :shifty:
That part isn't BS--they use a Peltier device (not just fans) to heat/cool the seats. They became an option in '03; both my previous ('04) and current ('06) LSes had/have them.

As for the engine, yeah, that's definitely an AJ35, not a Mod Motor.

And WTF did they do to the wood on the dash? It looks like they sanded off most of the finish...

Don't we all wish they offered a 4.6 in our cars, that would mean that us V6 guys would have the 4.0 V6.
Screw that--if the LS could have accepted a bottom-loaded 4.6L DOHC, the LS might still be alive, because Ford might actually have made some money on the car...

Screw that--if the LS could have accepted a bottom-loaded 4.6L DOHC, the LS might still be alive, because Ford might actually have made some money on the car...

Ford made money. The just lost it paying the dealerships labor charges for repairs covered under warranty.

That part isn't BS--they use a Peltier device (not just fans) to heat/cool the seats. They became an option in '03; both my previous ('04) and current ('06) LSes had/have them.

As for the engine, yeah, that's definitely an AJ35, not a Mod Motor.

And WTF did they do to the wood on the dash? It looks like they sanded off most of the finish...

I just never heard of cooled seats being refered to as air conditioned seats

I just never heard of cooled seats being refered to as air conditioned seats

Air conditioning is the change of oxygen temperature to suit ones choosing but since there is no air passing through the cooling ducts of the seat there is no reason to call it "air condition".

Then again I could be wrong...I'm just a goof, no Albert Einstein

Air conditioning is the change of oxygen temperature to suit ones choosing but since there is no air passing through the cooling ducts of the seat there is no reason to call it "air condition".

Then again I could be wrong...I'm just a goof, no Albert Einstein

There is clearly air flowing through the ducts in my seats. What do your seats use instead of air? I don't think you understand how it works.

There is clearly air flowing through the ducts in my seats. What do your seats use instead of air? I don't think you understand how it works.

I have a 2000 LS, try thinking your statement through....

And I don't understand how it works because I never had a reason to do so since...well....I don't have that luxury in my Luxury Sport :p

repete, even if you had a 2nd gen w/ heated/cooled seats you still wouldnt understand how they worked!

Yup. The cooled seats in my 04 have cold air coming out of the pores. It is definitely air ducts... What else would it be? lols

Speaking of, has anyone tried upgrading the fan in their heat/cool seats? It seems to make a lot of noise, but not actually push THAT much air. I want more power! You know, have the seat feel like an air hockey table. :)

owlman brings up a good point. They sure do make a lot of noise and yet, they don't get terribly cold or blow a lot of air...

No there would be no V6 guys ... just like there are no V6 Mark VIII guys ...

Unless they put that little V6 3.8 mustang engine in to it ...:eek:

Oh and in the Add ... 32v 4.6 is not in the cop interceptors If I'm not mistaken ... the interceptors are single over head cams ... engines not double..

...Oh and in the Add ... 32v 4.6 is not in the cop interceptors If I'm not mistaken ... the interceptors are single over head cams ... engines not double..

I believe that is correct (single over head cams only for PI).

Members online

No members online now.
Back