4.6 2V Swap Progress

Please tell me that has a bladder in it and isn't a $150 summit drag racing plastic molded cell.
I want you alive so we can do wheelies into the sunset when this thing is done.

Please tell me that has a bladder in it and isn't a $150 summit drag racing plastic molded cell.
I want you alive so we can do wheelies into the sunset when this thing is done.

Hahaha!! I'm not too worried about the cell right now. hat are your concerns with it?
And also, I must have missed something....What's the story on your car?

You've purchased it, installed it, and probably aren't returning it so this maybe a moot point, but I'll elaborate none-the-less. True drag cells are assumed to be installed on a fully caged chassis running only on the strip. You almost never have a rear end collision on the strip and if you do, you have a triangulated cage. http://www.fuelsafe.com/white_papers/fuel-cell-facts.html Fuel Safe has some good research and white papers on the subject. We have 2 Lemons cars that both have ATL cells that cost as much or more than the car. Now you don't need something like those (one of our cells is in the front of the car, and the other is in a 2 seater right behind the driver, so containment is key) but the stock tank is about 3/5th of the way down the car and has a lot of metal to absorb and deflect a massive impact before you get to the tank. In your case now, even if you only drive this car on the weekend or to the track, this http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/503657/Re_Friend_in_Accident_Leaving_ can still happen. Even with foam, those cells just tear apart on impact, throwing gas everywhere. On a bladder cell, the metal or plastic deforms/breaks, but a very high quality bladder squishes around the impact. I've seen MASSIVE rear end impacts road racing (either on track or getting hauled off) and I know those cells played a huge roll in these cases.
That's my input.

Hello! I'm sorry for the lack of updates. Had some codes pop up while it was on the dyno last fall and got frustrated with it. brought it home and put it back on stands for the winter. unhooked the wiring last week and sent it back to ron francis to get double checked. I'm going to start over from square one with the engine/trans wiring and hopefully find the problem this time.

Wow this has been an informative not to mention entertaining. I hope this isn't the last we hear on the subject.

I'm a new member having just purchased my 04 LS8 sport a month ago. I would love to do an engine swap however my LS only has 40,000 miles (verified) on it so it would be a wast of a good 3.9V8.

Anyway keep up the good work

-Adam

Members online

No members online now.
Back