3 stage high speed buff or Macco's best paint job?

Gomaz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello All

As spring is on the way I want to get my ride either buffed or painted, the clear coat has peeled near and around the rear parking sensors and the hood has tiger stripes when in direct sunlight . I am wondering if it would be better to get the car buff the car and re-apply some clear coat or.. going with maccos best pain job they offer, there is not much in the difference in price but which will be the best choice? I don't think a buff will get rid of the tiger strips on the hood. ( Tiger stripes is the term used for when you spray paint in a up and down motion with out changing to side to side ..or so i was told) when sunlight hits u can faintly see the direction the person who painted used)

Buffing will not fix the loss of clearcoat, so you will have to get it resprayed.

I agree i guess i can get the whole car bufed and then get the spots that need clear coat sprayed?
or should i spray it 1st then get it buffed?

I agree, a re spray will work best, as for buffing first or not I'm not entirely sure, I've never had to do this to a car before. someone else probably knows more. LOL

So..I found out that because the spot the the clear coat is peeling is so small and only in a few spots that I can get it sprayed 1st (the peeling spots) then get the car buffed. Now.... the question is should i spray and buff myself or take it someplace. I'm nervous of my own handy work lol

Yeah I would say it depends on your handy work, I personally would probably mess it up and be upset with my work and would rather it done professionally, but if you know what your doing then go for it. :D

If your clearcoat has failed, it most likely needs a new paint job. You can't just spray clearcoat on top of it. If you spray clearcoat on top of your bad clearcoat, it will show through the new clearcoat you apply.

Throw some pics up of your paint.

Here is the pics of the rear with the clear coat issues
20140409_172914.jpg20140409_172921.jpg20140409_172930.jpg

20140409_172914.jpg

20140409_172921.jpg

20140409_172930.jpg

Took it to a body shop and found out its not clear coat but actuall paint that is flaking, so....I guess I need to paint the rear bumper.

Members online

No members online now.
Back