3.9 DOHC V8 Crate Motor Lincoln LS $2000

Nope, long gone. Ended up giving the contact info to a dude in the USA that bought it and had it shipped to him.

Hindsight, should have bought it myself.

Them 1st GEN motors don't last long. Ha!

I've got to thank you for reviving this thread lol. I remember when you first posted it, but am currently doing an engine swap and in the process of removing my v8. I had no idea where to bolt on the "special tools" (engine lift brackets) as shown in the workshop manual. Those two holes in the front end didn't look strong enough at all to me, but I guess they are. I'll fab up a bracket and use them tomorrow when I do the pull. I'm pulling the engine and trans out of the front, which is a frigging nightmare. Luckily I've cut the entire front end off though so should be easier.

There's no room in these cars...

Makes me wonder if The old Wixom plant in Michigan that was sold back in 2007 or 2009 didn't have some engines in stock that ppl might have got there hands on lol I know this was built in Ohio but still makes a person wonder

Do you know by chance if the rear engine lift bracket only bolts on to the one side? It's hard to tell if it goes onto the other side.

Never lifted an LS engine out before. Sorry.

I never have either. It looks like they are showing one in the front (right) and one in the back (left) only. This is for lifting the engine and transmission out. For just raising the front of the engine to replace the mounts, then two in the front, none in the back.

In regard to 'crate' motors, it was Ford's practice, at one time, for the 'crate' to be a HD cardboard box. The box material was at least twice as thick/tough as ordinary boxes.

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back