2nd gen mark wrecked in portland

vr4

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
yes....i now live in the northwest. just a couple days ago someone in a 2nd gen white mark8 apparantly lost control and took out a jogger. the guy didnt make it. died the next day.

right door and fender very badly damaged.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/5968866.html

sad to hear.

I am just really relieved it was not one of you 'young punks' screwing around.:p

I feel very badly for the jogger and his family. Truely sad.

Thankfully there were no injuries to the driver and passenger.

Sounds similar to something that happened to me about a year ago. I was driving a Crown Vic at the time, and getting ready to pass a dump truck on a 65 MPH highway. The dump truck started drifting towards my lane with no signal or warning. I swerved into the right lane to avoid him, and over-corrected when I went to straighten out. After fishtailing for a good distance, I finally gave up on re-gaining control and turned towards the side of the road. The car ended up running into the grass, between two light poles, and spinning a 180 before being stopped by a sewer grate that ripped the back left tire halfway off its rim!

What sucks is that it actually *is* someone's fault for causing these accidents (the driver who violated the accident vehicle's lane) but there's little to no chance of finding out who that person is, or penalizing them for it.

Yeah I guesss your right if you put it like that.

Iszi said:
Sounds similar to something that happened to me about a year ago. I was driving a Crown Vic at the time, and getting ready to pass a dump truck on a 65 MPH highway. The dump truck started drifting towards my lane with no signal or warning. I swerved into the right lane to avoid him, and over-corrected when I went to straighten out. After fishtailing for a good distance, I finally gave up on re-gaining control and turned towards the side of the road. The car ended up running into the grass, between two light poles, and spinning a 180 before being stopped by a sewer grate that ripped the back left tire halfway off its rim!

What sucks is that it actually *is* someone's fault for causing these accidents (the driver who violated the accident vehicle's lane) but there's little to no chance of finding out who that person is, or penalizing them for it.

Iszi said:

Not legal advice, by the way. I'd almost bet that even if you could track down that person it would be mostly your word against his unless some witnesses hung around, and even then I would almost expect you'd be cited for "failure to control vehicle" or something like that.

Sad to hear.

Goes to show you, that this kind of thing can happen at anytime. I'm glad it was'nt worse than it already was. Keep it safe out there people.

Members online

No members online now.
Back