2nd gen convertible-has it been done?

micahs97m8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Not sure if i'm ready to try it, but the idea is rolling around in my head. My black on ivory with a black top would look sweet :D. There has got to be a shop that would do a full fabrication for me, but who? And what do you think it would cost to do a one-off?:confused: This would be the best weekend cruiser ever!!! :cool: (which is the new title for my Mark VIII)

roadster would be alot easier, and that has been done, but I dont think Ive ever seen a gen 2.

Coach builders can still do convertible conversions but they are anywhere from $15k-$20k.

for the price it would cost you, i'll gaurantee you change your mind real fast.

If i start sinking money into this car next fall, one of my kids will inherit it. Looking to drop $4500 or so to make it perfect-ish again. :wrench Unless i sell my current car and buy a classic.......for that price i wouldn't mind a classic 61-63 t-bird conv. :shifty:

Like this?

IMG_0822.jpg

That thing needs sub-frame connectors it's got a little droop in the back end.

Jeff - :cool:

All,

I have seen a picture of a white Sec.Gen left 3/4 front view with the top down !

Coachbuilders told me they would Not do another Mark VIII ! They will do only current models which at this point are Dodge Challengers and Chevy Camaros ! They had one left over 2008 Chrysler 300 for sale ! They are charging $ 18,000 for a conversion !

Good Luck,
Sonny

All,

I have seen a picture of a white Sec.Gen left 3/4 front view with the top down !

Coachbuilders told me they would Not do another Mark VIII ! They will do only current models which at this point are Dodge Challengers and Chevy Camaros ! They had one left over 2008 Chrysler 300 for sale ! They are charging $ 18,000 for a conversion !

Good Luck,
Sonny

pics or it didnt happen

Members online

No members online now.
Back