24 lb injection (mite not have been a good idea)

BOY named Frog...

I will keep it @2nd grade level...

Aren't the red states the ones with people of lower intel.

Is your swamp in a red state?

Lower intel? You tell me, since the red states by majority are the producing states, while the blue ones seem to be the looting, bankrupt states.

Maybe we're not smart enough to work the system and live off other taxpayers like you all.

Bottom line-
red state-lower intel.
NO EXCUSES.
JUST FACT.

No opinion of mine either-just an observed fact about those silly Red states.

Its my turn to teach you something Frog Boy:

The united states imports far more than it exports because the quality product by all those producing, RED STATES AS YOU PUT IT, have dropped greatly and on a steady basis over the last 50 years.

Also-those "BUSH STATES" voted in- and than REVOTED IN-because sometimes RED STATES just lack the intel. to learn from their mistakes- that Bush character.

Funny how on a National Scale-that guy that "y'all" voted in twice was disliked in the long run, in the polls, on a larger scale than any other president in HISTORY. But those silly blue states tried tellin "y'all" but y'all just didn't listen.

America is bankrupt on a larger scale than ever because of a "spend it all" war funded by the god of RED STATES. Business's were fine until RED STATES FLEXED THEIR EDUCATED CHOICE FOR PRESIDENT-not once but twice.

IM SORRY (i really am)

I am truly sorry about all my comments in these forums discussing my 24 lb injectors. I have been rude and have been reminded of this by an "OLD DUDE"-im sure you all know the member Im referring to. ;)

*So-I apologize for lowering myself to a 3rd grade maturity. I have been a member here for a bit over the year mark now and never acted like this in the past discussions.
My lack of knowledge relating to mk7's-and being pointed out about it by so many members-gives me no right to start disrespecting individuals who have positively participated in so many valuable conversations.

This site is a wealth of information and Im sorry for flexing my lack or respect and childish behavior.

No excuse for behavior-just extremely frustrated with my idiotic choice of injector. NO EXCUSE-JUST A REASON.

Sorry to FROGMAN- you deserve better.

There is a guy who has run larger injectors on his SD:

http://mustangforums.com/forum/speed-density-carb-ssp-section/514658-how-far-can-sd-really-go.html

Of course passing emissions may be difficult.

Regarding the political comments about our former president I believe HISTORY will determine whether he was a good president...not the polls and certainly not CNN (sorry couldn't contain myself). Let's show some respect for the office no matter how qualified our commmander in chief is/was.

Update

Mechanic has had injectors for over three weeks-claiming his "injector guy" is stalling. His "injector guy" has stated that he wanted to put injectors on bench and make sure pulsewidth ect. is accurate, does that sound right, because thats the smoke that was blown my way.

So before the injectors (19 lb motorcrafts) go back in-we will know they are all good and up to par.

However-I priced out new injectors by motorcraft-they run between 80-110 per injector. I dont have the cash to get 8 by ford motorcraft...
so...
I found the 19 lb injectors by ford racing for a reasonable price of 230 for a set of 8.
I am just wondering and asking in advance- before I screw up all over again....
Will the 19 lb ford racing injectors work smoothly without drivability issues?
Are the 19 lb'ers by ford racing within the same specs as ford motorcrafts stock oem injectors?

THANK YOU :eek:

You will be fine with the ford racing injectors. Get it fixed already!

thanks man.
much appreciated.
my concerns about using the ford racing ones-was because on many of the sites selling them say these are not rec. for stock cars-but rather vehicles with modifications done.

i really dont want to have history repeat itself.
im just about to order the injectors-appreciate your imput and any thing else you might think of.
thanks

Update

so i just got off the phone with "ford racing" whom i contacted directly in regards to-
installing FORD RACING 19lb fuel injector (part # M-9593-C302) on STOCK 5.0 HO engine found in my 1991 Lincoln Mark VII. I want to save money and not have drivability issues by purchasing the set of 8 injectors for $220.00 from ford racing-as opposed to, close to $100.00 per 19 lb injector from ford motorcraft.

ford racing rep stated-
the calibration for part # M-9593-C302, exactly matches the 19 lb injector that motorcraft puts into 91 mk7s. You will suffer no drivability issues-this is a motorcraft 19 injector with a ford racing box.
(in more words or less, that is what he said)

Here is a link for the calibration summary of ford racing's 19 injector:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/ics/m-9593-c302.pdf

I can not find the calibration summary for the motorcraft fuel injector-im sure its out there

I don't know if all the ford racing parts are just motorcraft with ford racing logos- but in the above case with the injector example- ford racing states they have exact matching calibrations.

So I am ordering a set of 8 injectors from ford racing for about 28 bucks an injector as opposed to motorcraft for 100 bucks per.

I will update after install-hopefully next week or two.

You'll be fine. Hell if the 24 LBS injectors didn't bother you why so picky on the right ones. You could even buy some after market 19 LBS injectors the same style. I thought motorcraft was ford? Thats what they sell in their repair shops, thats why their so expensive.

flat spots-bad idle-i feel like i have lost mpg-
all reasons for taking out the 24's.
charts show that 19's are correct for the hp/torque rating coming from my aplication (stock 5.0 engine)

and how can i possibly be getting maximum performance from my ride when my computer is programmed for the 19's? I am definately loosing performance overall.

Placed order for ford racing set of 8 few minutes ago

ok. injectors are in

....ford racing 19 lb injectors are in.
my car def. has less of a rough idle-(but it still has a funny idle almost like a shudder to it)
still has flat spots-seems like less.

Car is running better-but still not one hundred percent.

There is still something very wrong.

NO CODES-
ROUGH IDLE.
FLAT SPOTS.

Fuel pressure is accurate.
no vac. leaks.
injectors are brand new.
new tps
new egr and sensor
new IAC
the intake has no clogs and is clean.

Driving along @ say 55 mph and it almost hickups here and there.
like it coughs almost and slips from a steady idle.

Somebody suggested that even though there are no codes for O2 Sensors-that possibly I should change out the 17yr old ones-with a new set.
I thought if an O2 sensor is not within a certain range it will set off a CHECK LIGHT-and spit out code.
In the mustang forums people have had idle issues similar to mine with no codes either-the success has come with new O2 sensors...
and...
or...
drilling small hole in the throttle body opening. ????? hmmm ( i thought this was an old hot rod trick to helping make rough idle with aftermarket cams a bit smoother.... idk)

totally lost

I just ordered new O2 sensors:
no codes, but after 17 years it cant hurt.

Fact or False:
Can O2 readings/measurements be off and not set off a check engine light or code?

So, is it possible that my super old sensors need replacement?

Either or-it cant hurt as preventative maint. right???

Kick A Chevy, Change A Sensor (or two).

I just ordered new O2 sensors:
no codes, but after 17 years it cant hurt.

Fact or False:
Can O2 readings/measurements be off and not set off a check engine light or code?
Yup.

So, is it possible that my super old sensors need replacement?
Yup.

Either or-it cant hurt as preventative maint. right???
Yup.

Have you kicked a Chevy yet? I've found it to be very therapeutic when my Lincoln problems become overwhelming.

thanks old school

I received-just a few days ago-my o2 sensors from Rockauto.com (great site that seems to have parts for less than many other distributors)

Have not put them in yet-waiting for reply from Rockauto in regards to email I sent with concerns over sensors I received.

The O2 sensors sport the BOSCH insignia rather than the Motorcraft logo. They came in Motorcraft boxing.

The Bosch sensors run at least 20-30 bucks less (depending on web site) than motorcraft sensors.

So I am thinking I might have paid 20-30 bucks for the motorcraft box alone-close to a 60 dollar lesson.

Still waiting for response-sensors are going in one way or another-bosch or motorcraft@#$%^&*^%$#@#$%^&^%$#@

So fact or fiction in regards to O2 sensors setting off check engine light.....
Does the sensor just detect correct voltage going to it.....
or the sensor will actually set off the check engine light if it detects inaccurate levels of emission?????

O2 Sensors -LESSON LEARNED

Simply put...

The O2 Sensors that are considered Motorcraft (with ford and Bosch logo) were installed yesterday-ALL DRIVABILITY ISSUES CORRECTED.
In fact.
IN FACT..... my mark has never run so smooth with such a great idle.
I am shocked at this entire experience.
Only codes my car originally spit was for IAC.
Never an O2 code via check engine light.

So lesson(s) learned is as follows:

1.)

Ford subcontracts something like 90% of their electronics to Aftermarket companies-mainly being Bosch.
So-if you replace sensors down the road, please be advised that to save money and have in reality-the same part- just buy Bosch O2 sensors and save the 20-30 bucks per sensor.

2.)

If vehicle:
-stutters upon acceleration
-has flat spots
-gets bad gas mileage
-idles poorly
-DOESN'T need a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT to verify the sensors are shot-my sensors were shot, with no codes what so ever.

....... possibly your fix will be to change your 02 sensors. I also found out it is suggested to change O2 sensors every 50k miles or so.

My car has never run so smooth...
It pulls harder than ever.
Everything is just working so much better.
Night and day DIFFERENCE.
WOW.

It is amazing-just amazing.

update time

so car ran well for a few drive cycles (i still have not disconnected battery)

But now its running bad again.
NOT AS BAD-but just rough idle-flat spots and hickups.

I just installed new Coolant temp sensor-

I also installed a new ACT sensor (air charge temp.)
When i removed the old ACT-i saw it was all gunked up covered in black sludge- DEF. the original Motorcraft ACT.

Any new ideas-i still have not done the Compression test-because I need help doing that.

Still no codes.
Still a headache.
Still a lack of smoothness.

Mine used to "buck" at part throttle when the fuel pressure was too low. Do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on the car?

Members online

Back