24 lb injection (mite not have been a good idea)

Markus2

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Car just failed emissions-
its running just a bit rich-VERY VERY RICH.

Replaced head gasket a month ago.
So while i had top end off-i figure change out the 17 yr old fuel injectors with a set of 24 lb'ers.

I have a 190 lph fuel pump out back (dont know if that matters)

So is my stock computer recognizing the different size injectors?

Also I have changed out the TPS-EGR+sensor- and new IAC.
Car still does not idle perfect-bit of a shudder to it-almost like plugs are fouling. It will start idling up and down couple hundred rpms between-600--750...

Getting ready to drop in OEM motorcraft plugs and yank the BOSCH PLATINUM PLUS 2's that are in there. (I dont even know if the plus 2's are good for the 5.0 engine)

~shakes head~

You need to tell the computer about the bigger injectors with a tune.

Edit: I just noticed it's a Mark VII, not VIII. Dunno, though I still think a tune would be required to tell the puter about the new injectors.

Last edited:
next answer please-car runnin rough-sucks up gas more than ever-what exactly is going on now that the 24 lb'ers are in? What does the computer think-or what is the computer doing? Is the rich issue most likely do to injectors.

DONT RESPOND TO COMMENT-RESPOND TO ASSIST IF AND ONLY IF YOU UNDERSTAND. NO GUESSING OK-NO OPPINIONS. JUST a simple answer please

Some people shouldn't be allowed under the hood of a car...

Oooops... was that a comment?

Lose the attitude, skippy. You could have had all of your answers (especially from Mr. Old School), but it seems even he's staying away from helping you.

For your sake, I hope he helps you out.

As far as to why you're running rich, any pinhead should understand that if the computer is programmed for xx amount injector and you change to a larger flow injector, the new injector will spray more fuel than the old injector when it's pulsed open for the same time the old injector was.

Ok. I'm done with the comments... maybe.

frogman-mk7's are all SD..(r u in write forum-honda.com is a good place 4 u maybe)

listen my dude-
i just want an answer-
got 24's in there now-i just want to know what exactly the computer is doing with them comparted to the 19's-

and if you have to ask if mark 7's are speed density than i must say you are the pinhead in the wrong forum-own one or know one-at least enough to know what system that one has.

i swapped out 17 yr old injectors with a set of new ones (24's) thought i was doing more help than harm... car runs-and i thought the concept would apply that applied to the BIGGER FUEL PUMP.
IT WILL ONLY PUMP WHAT IT NEEDS-so you cant go to big.
I THOUGHT THE INJECTOR WOULD SPRAY JUST WHAT IT NEEDS also-same concept....

and it runs-it runs very smooth after tps and all that jive has been replaced.

Yanked the spark plugs yesterday-just to see if there were any tell tail signs of SH*T going on in there..

and..
the plug on the drivers side-closest to front bumper-had just a LITTLE BIT OF OIL IT SEEMED like-just about halfway up the thread.

I ordered an O2 sensor on THURSDAY-after installing egr-tps and iac.

AS OF RIGHT NOW ------NO CODES EXCEPT THE AIR CODE that references the air pump being removed from up front-SO ITS NORMAL FOR MY SET UP

listen my dude-

Let's get something straight here. I am NOT your dude. Never have been, never will be. So stop asking.

i just want an answer-

You already have your answer, but me thinks you're too damned thick headed to comprehend it... or you're really slow. Either way, no skin off my back.

got 24's in there now-i just want to know what exactly the computer is doing with them comparted to the 19's-

If you can't figure out what's happening from my reply in another post, then I don't know how else to explain it to you. Unfortunately, I can't Crayola use Crayons and drawing paper (which you might understand, it seems), to explain it to you.

and if you have to ask if mark 7's are speed density than i must say you are the pinhead in the wrong forum-own one or know one-at least enough to know what system that one has.

What? Could you please write that in a semi-legible format? I haven't owned a Mark VII since 1991.

As far as knowing a pinhead... I wouldn't call it "knowing" him, but I am replying to one of his posts. Guess who that pinhead is?

i swapped out 17 yr old injectors with a set of new ones (24's) thought i was doing more help than harm... car runs-and i thought the concept would apply that applied to the BIGGER FUEL PUMP.

At least I have do double check if the Mark VII is Speed Density. Apparently, you knew that and still installed bigger injectors on the motor without changing the tune. so who's the idiot, again?

IT WILL ONLY PUMP WHAT IT NEEDS-so you cant go to big.

Chuckle. Ok, Skippy. You keep telling people that. Just don't be surprised when they chuckle at you. Obviously, you have no clue how Speed Density works.

I THOUGHT THE INJECTOR WOULD SPRAY JUST WHAT IT NEEDS also-same concept....

You thought wrong.

and it runs-it runs very smooth after tps and all that jive has been replaced.

Sure it does. :rolleyes:

Yanked the spark plugs yesterday-just to see if there were any tell tail signs of SH*T going on in there..

Tell tale signs of chit going on in there? Lots of stuff goes on it "there". Most of it, I believe you'd have no clue about by reading a spark plug.

the plug on the drivers side-closest to front bumper-had just a LITTLE BIT OF OIL IT SEEMED like-just about halfway up the thread.

Seemed like oil? As opposed to... sand?

AS OF RIGHT NOW ------NO CODES EXCEPT THE AIR CODE that references the air pump being removed from up front-SO ITS NORMAL FOR MY SET UP

Good for you. Get back to us when you need to replace parts because you're running way too rich.

Why don't you just run the right injector for your set up. Also I'm not sure how you can read a spark plug half way up on the threads unless your checking for cross thread. Good luck.

READ THE POSTS

jesus christ-
i had NEW INJECTORS on MY SHELF- THEY WERE 24 LB SIZE
I had to do headgasket.
SO...
I thought that similar in nature to putting a larger fuel pump-which i have had now for months (NO PROBLEMS-GREAT).....
....that the fuel pump theory (or am i wrong-because it seems to be working pretty friggin good in my mark) is that it will ONLY PUMP THE AMOUNT OF GAS NEEDED.

-so I HAD the choice of putting back in the "17 year old injectors-that were working fine" when i removed the top end for the head gasket..
or....
i had the choice of using the new 24'ers that I thought would spray according to 19 lb specs, as the computer asks it to do so because it is programed for 19 lb injectors right...

so i suppose like the fuel pump-pumping only enough...with the ability to pump more if you are running a larger pump...
THE INJECTORS DO NOT WORK LIKE THE FUEL PUMP.

Im putting the old ones back in- unless i find a deal on a set of new ones.

JESUS CHRIST

what exactly is going on now that the 24 lb'ers are in?

Your PCM thinks it has the stock injectors and has the pulsewidth and other parameters completely SCREWED UP.

Put the CORRECT injectors back on the car.

Lose the attitude, skippy.

As far as to why you're running rich, any pinhead should understand that if the computer is programmed for xx amount injector and you change to a larger flow injector, the new injector will spray more fuel than the old injector when it's pulsed open for the same time the old injector was.

both statements ring true and are 100% correct.
your injectors are WRONG, and so is your attitude.

listen my dude-
i just want an answer-
i just want to know what exactly the computer is doing with them comparted to the 19's-

I could type verbatim what is WRONG, but it wouldn't matter unless you have a GOOD knowledge of Ford EFI control systems.

Tell me what "injector pulsewidth" is and what it does.
Tell me what "injector offset" is and what it does.
Tell me what "injector compenstator vs battery voltage" is and what it does".
you'll also need to know what "injector enrichment when hot" IS and does.

Then you need to know how "Injector delay" and "injector timing" IS and Does.

Then.. after you've eductated yourself with the above.
Then you get to dive into the actual problem areas, BUT without knowing what the "above" mentioned items are the actual values for the below will never be understood.
"fuel injector break point"
"fuel injector high slope"
"fuel injector low slope"
and the ever so important "fuel injector MINIMUM pulsewidth".

Get your homework done and get back to me with what the actual problem IS.

IF you figure out ALL of the above, then your question will answer itself.

Class dismissed until the original poster educates himself with the finer points of Ford Fuel Injection.

(tosses the babyfood spoon on the table)

listen my dude-

i thought[\b] the concept would apply that applied to the BIGGER FUEL PUMP.

IT WILL ONLY PUMP WHAT IT NEEDS-so you cant go to big.[\b]

I THOUGHT THE INJECTOR WOULD SPRAY JUST WHAT IT NEEDS also-same concept....[\b]

anked the spark plugs yesterday-just to see if there were any tell tail signs of SH*T going on in there..

ALL the items marked in BOLD are wrong wrong wrong.

IF your PCM was calibrated for the new injectors, then it would "almost" be true... the rest of your "thoughts" are way way off base and totally incorrect.

Education, go buy Greg Branish's book "Advanced Engine Management".
read read read.

Why don't you just run the right injector for your set up. Also I'm not sure how you can read a spark plug half way up on the threads unless your checking for cross thread. Good luck.

READ THE POSTS

Both these statements are 100% SPOT ON!

he cannot read a plug in the manner you are suggesting...and.. hereally should put the "correct" injectors back in the car.

Oh yea.. "READ THE POSTS" +100 FTW

question

....steers and queers come from texas?

I heard that somewhere....I think....

So I am gonna drop by old injectors back in
-I think thats what you are saying
- cant quite understand the way you texans type-but than again..

I CANT QUITE UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS THAT TEXAS LOVES THAT BUSH CHARACTER SO MUCH EITHER?

so thanks for all the effort with the above statements...
..next time put a little more "effort" into who you are voting in as PRESIDENT.

listen frogBOY

This is the best forum ever.

I am changing out injectors.

thanks from all of you for all of you much needed help.

i am still lost-but just a bit less lost.

THANKS MEMBERS-even the texan ones

This is the best forum ever.

It would be even better without toolbags like you hanging around.

I am changing out injectors.

Smartest thing you've said... ever.

thanks from all of you for all of you much needed help.

You sure have a funny way of thanking people, what with calling them gay.

i am still lost-but just a bit less lost.

Dude, you couldn't find your way out of a wet paper bag. To call you "lost" would be the understatement of the century.

THANKS MEMBERS-even the texan ones

Right. Nice try at redemption.

And incidentally, I'm not a boy. I have a yard of Dick, a bucket full of balls and enough hair on my ass to weave an indian blanket. Who you callin' boy?... boy?

Do society a favor. Remove yourself from the gene pool. ASAP.

listen up FROGBOY

just hop on back to that swamp u swam out of.

enough is enough.
silly internet tough guy.

u just dont scare me.

(chuckle chuckle)

I used u like a condom.
got what i needed...
and now im tossin u away.

thanks for the insight.
ur quite the insightful one.

just hop on back to that swamp u swam out of.

At least I wasn't lost enough to not be able to crawl out of the swamp. You, would still be looking for the muddy waters, you're that big of a moron.

enough is enough.
silly internet tough guy.

Enough is enough? For what?

Internet tough guy. Hah! Just because I made you look like a total idiot, I'm an internet tough guy? Seriously? Stop making me laugh so hard.

u just dont scare me.

And you're a lazy idiot. Is it really that hard to type "you"? As far as scaring you... I wouldn't even waste my time to say "booo" to you. I'd rather be scratching my ass. At least that would be a little more productive use of my time.

(chuckle chuckle)

I don't even know what to say to that...

I used u like a condom.
got what i needed...
and now im tossin u away.

Remember those words. You may think they are funny now, but they won't be so funny next time you need help from us "condoms". The internet has a long, hard memory. This one will come to bite you in the ass.

thanks for the insight.
ur quite the insightful one.

I may be insightful, but you're just down right moronic. At least I don't put in oversized injectors on a Speed Density setup without changing the computer tune.

I shudder to think what else you may have done to your jalopy.

Hey markus we were joking with you I think you need 30 lbs injections. Your probly not getting enough fuel with that huge 190 fuel pump. You were right the computer will figure it all out. To think people make a living on tuning cars for aftermarket parts. What a joke all those suckers out there.
OO yeah congras on busting your cherry after all those year you finally got to use a rubber.

I don't think he knows how to use a rubber. Sure, he knows about them, but that's about the extent of his experience with them.

Markus, I don't say this to too many people, but IMHO?... your momma shoulda' swallowed you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back