22's on an LS( can they fit?) 4 RE Audio XXX subs

kudisbetta

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if i could throw on some 22's on my LS. It can be done on an s-class benz. So i figured i would step up the level and be amongst the few on 22's. I also just purshased 4 RE AUDIO XXX subwoofers with 4 hifoniks BX1500 amps. If you dont know the XXX is one of the most versitle subs out there. I'll be running 6000 watts rms (OUCH).

Just wanna know if 22's are a possibility. Thanks

kudisbetta said:
I was wondering if i could throw on some 22's on my LS. It can be done on an s-class benz. So i figured i would step up the level and be amongst the few on 22's. I also just purshased 4 RE AUDIO XXX subwoofers with 4 hifoniks BX1500 amps. If you dont know the XXX is one of the most versitle subs out there. I'll be running 6000 watts rms (OUCH).

Just wanna know if 22's are a possibility. Thanks
I have never heard of anyone running larger the 20" - so you could be the first!

Finding the right offset will be difficult as the LS all ready has a fairly unique offset.

OEM 17x7.5, 5x108 (107.95mm / 4.31in), 60mm offset, 4.25 bolt circle

WOW 22s are kind of pushing it. I honestly dont think you can do it on a LS with its pretty tight fenders. Plus 22s would make your LS ride like a train. I would personally do 20s but I dont need 20s. HAHA GOOD LUCK!

-Scott-

possibly, but IMHO... it would look stupid.

go with 19's or 20's... plenty of wheel for a car like the LS.

you won't be the first to put 22's on an ls as it has been done already. Check out Cardomain.com as i know there are a few guys on there you can contact for details.

Since your 19 like myself i would guess your ls is your daily driver. Unless the roads you drive or may have to drive are flawless i would avoid putting 22's on your car. The roads i remember in MA weren't so nice even though i lived in a wealthier area. I won't put 20's on the ls i will be purchasing this summer and i live in Tennessee which has one of the best highway and road repair/maintinence departments in North America. You may want to consider buying some 19's or 20's and take the money you will save not buying the larger wheels and replacing them when you bend them on a twig on some high grade wheels like Iforged or some other classy brand. In addition 19's won't murk your ride quality. It'd be a bad night of cheifing some ganja if you twisted up your rims bc you didn't see a pebble somebody left on the road. Part of having an ls is the comfort factor which the ladies like so keep that in mind-don't make your car ride like a go kart.

nealwku98ta said:
It'd be a bad night of cheifing some ganja if you twisted up your rims bc you didn't see a pebble somebody left on the road. Part of having an ls is the comfort factor which the ladies like so keep that in mind-don't make your car ride like a go kart.

:I

Comfort was a large factor when i bought the LS. So i will settle with smaller rims, maybe 20's or 21's.

How extensively do custom wheels change the drive on an LS?
Will a customized suspension system help offset the loss of drivability?

kudisbetta said:
:I

Comfort was a large factor when i bought the LS. So i will settle with smaller rims, maybe 20's or 21's.

How extensively do custom wheels change the drive on an LS?
Will a customized suspension system help offset the loss of drivability?

You can really screw up the handling of the LS by messing with the wheels. Added weight=slower steering responce, worn out (expensive) suspension parts, rougher ride, etc.

Unlike other Lincolns, the LS suspension was designed with input from an ex-F1 engineer. Ever hear of Michael Schumacher?? There isn't much that can be done. I lowered mine an inch or so (with springs), which has helped cornering. The ride is stiffer, but I attribute that to the european tuned shocks. At this time there are no aftermarket suspension parts, other than springs. The suspension is head of the class right out of the box!!

20's ruined my LS! Period! It was way too hard to steer, too much drag, loud, too large to get any low end torque, bumpy as hell, had to CREEP up steeper driveways when making a turn, the car would pull if you hit an uneven surface, it sucked. I put on some 18's, and it was much more tollerable. However they looked too damn small for the car (see my photo garage) so i got rid of them. Now that i have the car lowered, Im sort of regretting that i got rid of them....

22's

I had 20's on my ls, i know you wouls also have to beef up your brakes because of the rolling weight. I now have 19's with the one inch drop springs and it looks just right. Just a thought.

first of all congrats on the subs those are some kickass subs, i got 2 12" XXX's in my towncar with an orion 2500d and it kicks ass, and o yea you should go with 20's, those cars look badass with 20's but thats just a thought

How much did you guys have to pay for those XXX's? I was thinking about getting one or two but couldn't find a decent price.

Black03 said:
How much did you guys have to pay for those XXX's? I was thinking about getting one or two but couldn't find a decent price.

The XXX subwoofer is about 350 bucks each. Its top of the line and compares to the Adire Audio Brahma. The xxx can handle up to 1800 rms watts each. They get exteremly LOUD, but more imporatntly the xxx has outstanding Sound Quality. 1 or 2 xxx's is more than enough for anybody.

You CANNOT buy a XXX online or at any audio shop. To buy the xxx you must contact RE ( Resonant engineering).

Here is the website.
www.reaudio.com
and dont forget the dynamat.

Members online

No members online now.
Back