22lbs of Heroin in LS

hahaha "connections" get it ?

btw: I hear you only get one bar, instead of some bars!

freewifi-jail.png

Its the old saying "don't put all your eggs in one basket".

True, but that goes both ways. While they only find X amount per year at the border crossing, they find more when they find the tunnel houses, more when they find the airplanes, more when they find the fiberglass submarines, ect.

seen the one with the stash in the dreadlocks at the airport ?

True, but that goes both ways. While they only find X amount per year at the border crossing, they find more when they find the tunnel houses, more when they find the airplanes, more when they find the fiberglass submarines, ect.

So do you think USA will someday find ALL of it? Its all profit to them. You lose 50% of 64 BILLION you still have 32 BILLION profit. By the way they make 64 Billion a year.

I think the war on drugs is working about as well as Prohibition did, and we will have the same results if we continue it.

I don't assume that because we are effective at keeping drugs from crossing at a 60 foot wide point on a 1969 mile long border that we must be 100 percent effective on the rest of the 1968 mile 5,220 foot part of it. Believe it or not, it is possible to agree with one part of a thing and disagree with another part of it.

I hear ya. It's just weird we have been doing the same thing for 40 years and there is NO drop in drugs in USA. Kinda seems like a job program to me and tons of others in USA and we are paying for it. After 40 years its time to try something different.

"We spend $50 billion per year trying to eradicate drugs from this country. According to DEA estimates we capture less than 10 percent of all illicit drugs. In this regard, I have a two part question 1) How much do you think it will cost to stop the other ninety percent? Too much. 2) Does $50 billion a year for a 90% failure rate seem like a good investment to you? I am sure the answer is no" I just found this stat so its not directed at you since I already asked. LOL

Yep. One of my comments was a ripoff from Berkeley Breathed's Bloom County comic strip where they were running illegal scalp tonic. They showed the Feds bragging about how they stopped 0.03 percent of all tonic smuggled for the low low price of 78 billion dollars or something. Last panel said "The tonic runner's response to the increased confiscations was immediate" with Milo Bloom shouting "0.03 percent price increase!"

I'd like to see the lighter drugs legalized, regulated and taxed with DUI laws applied to them. They can use the tax money from the lighter drugs to go after the dealers in drugs that are truly dangerous. Not to mention that far fewer people will become addicted to the harder stuff when they are using regulated marijuana, considering that a lot of MJ users become addicted to the hard stuff because the dealers will lace the hard stuff into the MJ. They don't even know they're getting hooked until it's too late.

I think the war on drugs is working about as well as Prohibition did, and we will have the same results if we continue it.

Prohibition is a poor example. Legislators took an already legal product and tried to make it illegal.

Yep. One of my comments was a ripoff from Berkeley Breathed's Bloom County comic strip where they were running illegal scalp tonic. They showed the Feds bragging about how they stopped 0.03 percent of all tonic smuggled for the low low price of 78 billion dollars or something. Last panel said "The tonic runner's response to the increased confiscations was immediate" with Milo Bloom shouting "0.03 percent price increase!"

I'd like to see the lighter drugs legalized, regulated and taxed with DUI laws applied to them. They can use the tax money from the lighter drugs to go after the dealers in drugs that are truly dangerous. Not to mention that far fewer people will become addicted to the harder stuff when they are using regulated marijuana, considering that a lot of MJ users become addicted to the hard stuff because the dealers will lace the hard stuff into the MJ. They don't even know they're getting hooked until it's too late.

So..... Let's stop the war on murder, child molestation, rape, burglary, identify theft, assault, boot-legging etc. Heck, why not just dismantle all law enforcement agencies as we're losing all these "wars".

Since pot can be detected in our system for to to 6 months, how would you like it if I smoked pot on my weekend and then went to work on my Monday controlling your flight from, say, LAX to DCA? How about the pilots? Alcohol is 8 hours. What limit would you propose? How would you enforce it?

My very intelligent son has been reduced to an unmotivated, directionless, ambition-less 30-year old pot head. He had so much promise and now all he cares about is his next joint and video games. Sure he has a dead-end job, but he could have accomplished so much. The gummint would like nothing more than a stoned, dependent "citizenry". Then they could dominate us however they wanted!

Giving up isn't the answer. It RARELY is!

... Since pot can be detected in our system for to to 6 months ...

Actually, one can pass a piss test after abstaining from it for 30 days.
Fluid and diet change! ... and NO, don't ask me how I know.

No they are not! For immediate results to see if one is impaired blood or piss tests are required.
You could not touch the stuff for months and still have it in your hair cuticles.
It's not admissible in court as a method of findings on impairment at time of incident.

They do however have something coming out where on roadside, you are required to provide a sample of saliva.
"apparently" it's a little white piece of paper, put it in your mouth on your tongue for a few second, withdrawn and if it turns pink, you STONED !!!

No they are not! For immediate results to see if one is impaired blood or piss tests are required.
You could not touch the stuff for months and still have it in your hair cuticles.
It's not admissible in court as a method of findings on impairment at time of incident.

They do however have something coming out where on roadside, you are required to provide a sample of saliva.
"apparently" it's a little white piece of paper, put it in your mouth on your tongue for a few second, withdrawn and if it turns pink, you STONED !!!

Well I wasn't talking immediate results, but I've had to do a hair test. It can be detected far longer than 30 days.

Prohibition is a poor example. Legislators took an already legal product and tried to make it illegal.

So..... Let's stop the war on murder, child molestation, rape, burglary, identify theft, assault, boot-legging etc. Heck, why not just dismantle all law enforcement agencies as we're losing all these "wars".

Since pot can be detected in our system for to to 6 months, how would you like it if I smoked pot on my weekend and then went to work on my Monday controlling your flight from, say, LAX to DCA? How about the pilots? Alcohol is 8 hours. What limit would you propose? How would you enforce it?

My very intelligent son has been reduced to an unmotivated, directionless, ambition-less 30-year old pot head. He had so much promise and now all he cares about is his next joint and video games. Sure he has a dead-end job, but he could have accomplished so much. The gummint would like nothing more than a stoned, dependent "citizenry". Then they could dominate us however they wanted!

Sorry you had problems with your kid. Nevertheless, I see no issue with recreational mj use even though I would not use it myself. I can see how there would be fewer problems overall if people who chose to smoke were buying a legal, regulated product rather than buying from the guy out back of the 7/11, who is putting who knows what in those little baggies. Ever wonder why mj is a gateway drug? It's because it's an ideal vehicle for getting people hooked on other drugs by sticking the drugs into the mj. Your son may have a problem, but on the other hand I know people who grow their own and use it recreationally and they are successful, motivated people who have no problems working all week then relaxing on the weekend with a joint.

As far as what the limit would be, I have no idea. Having never done mj, I don't know how long it takes to come down. I would say add 12 hours to that limit. There's also no reason why critical employers like airlines and the like can't tell their employees that showing up to work with mj in their system means they are fired. You know, same as when they show up to work with alcohol in their system?

I also like how you seem to think that because I support legalizing drugs that I must support legalizing all crime. You can leave me out of your all or nothing, extremist mentality if you don't mind. If an adult chooses to do something that primarily only affects the adult, that's one thing but every other crime you mentioned involves one person doing something to another person against their will. I could put it right back on you that if they are going to make mj illegal why not make alcohol, tobacco, soda pop, sugar and coffee illegal as well. All of these products can affect your mental processes and do you personal harm. Sounds stupid that way, doesn't it?

Well I wasn't talking immediate results, but I've had to do a hair test. It can be detected far longer than 30 days.

This is why the stoners went from hippie hair to shaving their entire bodies. Each time they shave it all off, it resets the start clock for a follicle test.

... and I wrote "piss" test after 30 days.

however, hair test .. agreed ... even a buzz cut won't save you there!

... Each time they shave it all off, it resets the start clock for a follicle test.

Still stays within inside of the hair, they'll just ask you to come back a week later and they'll pluck at your scalp to get just that little piece they so urgently need for the courts. It only proves long term usage, it does not provide enough evidence of impaired at time of incident.

Hair sampling is a bunch of crock if you ask me.

Urine & or Breath sampling at road side I fully support.

Drawing blood at the side of the road I would refuse until taken to a professional medical establishment.

~ anyhow, no sense me getting worked up about it, gave up the green long time ago.

You first quote "Prohibition is a poor example. Legislators took an already legal product and tried to make it illegal." Cannabis was an already legal product they made illegal. How is that any different then booze?

Your second quote"So..... Let's stop the war on murder, child molestation, rape, burglary, identify theft, assault, boot-legging etc. Heck, why not just dismantle all law enforcement agencies as we're losing all these "wars".
All those thing you post have an effect on other people. If you are comparing consuming cannabis to murder,molestation,rape.burglary you need to stop watching "Reefer Madness" Someone consuming cannabis in there own home is no different then someone have a beer or glass of wine. Which I bet you do, or have done many times. BUT cannabis would be 1500 times safer then alcohol.

Your 3rd quote"Since pot can be detected in our system for to to 6 months, how would you like it if I smoked pot on my weekend and then went to work on my Monday controlling your flight from, say, LAX to DCA? How about the pilots? Alcohol is 8 hours. What limit would you propose? How would you enforce it? " I would care less. Cannabis does NOT give you a hang over like alcohol. How about simple impairment tests? If you show impairment then action is taken. If you don't,guess what your not impaired.

Your 4th quote."My very intelligent son has been reduced to an unmotivated, directionless, ambition-less 30-year old pot head. He had so much promise and now all he cares about is his next joint and video games. Sure he has a dead-end job, but he could have accomplished so much. The gummint would like nothing more than a stoned, dependent "citizenry". Then they could dominate us however they wanted! " I'm going to be blunt with you here. Your " unmotivated, directionless, ambition-less 30-year old son" Is that way because of HIM. He just happens to like cannabis and is very intelligent by your words. I love how people like you have to blame SOMETHING instead of someone. You need to do more research on cannabis it opens the mind and in no way makes one dependent or get dominated.

There is NOTHING anyone does that has NO effect on others. There is no such thing as a victimless crime.

lots of misinformation here...also, some very accurate information.

one thing that has not been mentioned is MEDICAL usage....

Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of 80+ cannabinoids found in cannabis, and has NO psychoactive effects, in fact it helps MANY with medical issues such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis,anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, convulsion, as well as inhibiting cancer cell growth.

are you going to tell a cancel patient that they cant have any marijuana because it has tetrahydrocannabinol in it? even though it has compounds that help them with their deadly condition?

only those who are uninformed/incorrectly informed that would blame a plant for making a loved one "lazy" and "unmotivated"...this plant has NO physical dependencies. if they were feeling these effects, why don't they stop smoking it?

not one person has ever felt the effects of "dope sickness" from smoking ANY amount of weed, not one person has ever died from an overdose. there is a very rare disorder where the body rejects the THC and can cause medical issues,but the treatment is simple...don't put any THC in your body.

Last edited:
There is NOTHING anyone does that has NO effect on others. There is no such thing as a victimless crime.
Are you sure? Because I can easily list one right here. Some one is growing medical cannabis for themself with card to use. They are still breaking federal law. PLEASE tell us how this effects others. Also please list the VICTIM. How about you speeding on a road with no one around?

lots of misinformation here...also, some very accurate information.

one thing that has not been mentioned is MEDICAL usage....

Cannabidiol (CBT) is one of 80+ cannabinoids found in cannabis, and has NO psychoactive effects, in fact it helps MANY with medical issues such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis,anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, convulsion, as well as inhibiting cancer cell growth.

are you going to tell a cancel patient that they cant have any marijuana because it has tetrahydrocannabinol in it? even though it has compounds that help them with their deadly condition?

only those who are uninformed/incorrectly informed that would blame a plant for making a loved one "lazy" and "unmotivated"...this plant has NO physical dependencies. if they were feeling these effects, why don't they stop smoking it?

not one person has ever felt the effects of "dope sickness" from smoking ANY amount of weed, not one person has ever died from an overdose. there is a very rare disorder where the body rejects the THC and can cause medical issues,but the treatment is simple...don't put any THC in your body.

Easy way to show that cannabis is one of the SAFEST things on earth. Look up the LD-50 of it. You will find that natural cannabis does not even have an LD-50. Alcohol has a LD-50 of 7! Alcohol is 1500 times more DEADLY then cannabis. I like your thoughts and just wanted to add to it.

[video=youtube;FONN-0uoTHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Myself and the majority of my coworkers support laws similar to the recent ones passed in Colorado legalizing small amounts of recreational use marijuana.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Colorado

I know that might seem unexpected from people in my profession but it is true. It's a time waster really. The amount of times I have worked DUI related collisions involving alcohol vs pot is probably 20-1. I feel that when all states eventually adopt laws similar to ones in Colorado that number will probably even out a lot more but personally that is something I would be excited about. Colorado last I heard is getting ready to pass legislature for DUI with marijuana. That is about the only time I get serious on Marijuana usage, when it is a DUI related thing.

Currently in this day and age. I stop your car, search it, find a crown royal bag with less than 15g not packaged for individual sale and a pipe. You get a ticket, something like $200.00 fine and a year of unsupervised probation. Once that probation is over the "Possession of a controlled substance" charge is expunged from your record. It is the smallest slap on the wrist around. You would pay more in fines, if you were speeding 85 in a 70.

Cops are tired of this, the courts are tired of this. My superiors are really tired of this extensive evidence logging policy for all these bowls. Everyone is tired of this. I tell people a thousand times as I write this ticket. Don't have this stuff in your car. You want to do this stuff in your home than so be it. You'll never catch me searching a house for recreational marijuana use.

Now with that being said, last year we seized $1,000,000 of marijuana growing in a corn field. Yeah it looked great on the news, but just because we removed that didn't mean people weren't getting their pot for a year. It's everywhere. Honestly, the tax revenue off of that haul would have been more beneficial to me than it was getting seized.

I'll go far out of my way to get some crack off the street, which is the new drug of choice around my neck of the woods. Marijuana is just something that is in always in the way.

Your 4th quote."My very intelligent son has been reduced to an unmotivated, directionless, ambition-less 30-year old pot head. He had so much promise and now all he cares about is his next joint and video games. Sure he has a dead-end job, but he could have accomplished so much. The gummint would like nothing more than a stoned, dependent "citizenry". Then they could dominate us however they wanted! " I'm going to be blunt with you here. Your " unmotivated, directionless, ambition-less 30-year old son" Is that way because of HIM. He just happens to like cannabis and is very intelligent by your words. I love how people like you have to blame SOMETHING instead of someone. You need to do more research on cannabis it opens the mind and in no way makes one dependent or get dominated.

Straight "A"s in high school & his college major, 14-months of school work done in 4 and an IQ, IIRC, around 142 makes him very intelligent in my book.

My favourite quote from one of my Navy buddies....

"It was so GREAT! I was so stoned I stared at the wall for HOURS!" Yea, that's my idea of fun!

We will just have to disagree here. Like I said earlier, do you want a possibly lightly stoned controller working your flight?

Members online

No members online now.
Back