2012 fusion sport

keatonsdad

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Heading home form work just now and I see a bright blue fusion in my rear view (well more of I can just see the winshield and the driver giving me the hurry up motion with one finger) so I give it about 3/4 throttle mind you were already moving at 75 and the car behind me continues to do the same so now I'm a little irritated and just move over to let them pass ans as she passes I punch it out of spite. Well she did the same as all I heard was all 4 cylinders scream next to me. She actually hung with me till about 110 then I heard her limiter kick in and all I did was keep in it and wave out the window. What I didn't see was the bike tagging along on the other side of me. He followed me till I got off at my exit and at the stop light lifted his helmet and was all smiles saying that he'd never seen grandpas car hit 150 on the highway let alone in as short of a distance. I just smiled said thanks and made my turn at the light. As for the fusion driver I have no idea what happened to her but I was actually impressed it hung with me never pulling past but just right in the same spot. I guess it's time for the gears to go in so I can get a proper tune written, as of now all I have is a canned tune on my sct3.

My wife just got a new Fusion, 4 cyl SEL. She got it for the mileage but I must say, for what it is it does quite well for power.
I came home from a trip to Florida and it was sitting in the driveway, I'm just happy she bought a ford. :)

I say it was a 4cyl but I'm not sure it was just a guess but Wow it never left my side couldn't believe it. I drove a few of them back to the body shop I was working at ( we fixed budget rentals that had been smashed) so I naturally treated it like a rental and it felt fast but it's a different feeling when your in a front wheel drive car. If it had more room in the back I'd get one as a DD but the boys' car seats wouldn't fit back there with any leg room for the driver (I'm 6 2)

Having a difficult time finding legitimate stats, but from what i've read 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are very similiar to that of a stock gen2 Mark viii. If anything it's a hair quicker in both categories.

The 3.5L in the fusion is pretty damn strong for a 6cyl. Theyre getting rid of it for 2013 and making the option an ecoboost inline 4 that makes similar power.

More than likely she was shocked that she couldn't pass you.

The 3.5L in the fusion is pretty damn strong for a 6cyl. Theyre getting rid of it for 2013 and making the option an ecoboost inline 4 that makes similar power.

Yeah, the 2013 Fusions are all 4 bangers and the hybrid and the all electric I believe. The Lincoln MKZ gets a 6 cylinder option if I remember correctly.

Sapper, move your ass to FL and the a job working for the mouse. The Facility Operations recruiter drives a black/black gen 2 LSC.

More than likely she was shocked that she couldn't pass you.

that is what i was thinking, she knows her car has decent oomph and didnt know jack about your car, she was probably thinking something was wrong with her car,especially when it cut out at 112 mph

it had to be 6, the 4's are plenty peppy upto about 80mph and then they start fading much quicker than our marks. the six will pull pretty nice to speed limiter

Members online

Back