2008 CTS preview!

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm normally a Lincoln guy meself, but this new CTS looks gorgeous. Finally, the interior looks like a great upgrade.

Front looks bold, a bit Audi-ish, but nice. This was from 60 minutes last night. The back isn't as good as the front, IMO.

apr2_2008_cadillac_cts_1.jpg

apr2_2008_cadillac_cts_2.jpg

apr2_2008_cadillac_cts_3.jpg

apr2_2008_cadillac_cts_4.jpg

apr2_2008_cadillac_cts_5.jpg

looks like the got alot of cadillac sixteen in there

mark0101 said:
looks like the got alot of cadillac sixteen in there
Talking about the Cadillac Sixteen. I saw that monster at our local Auto Show this weekend. My goodness is that thing LOOONNNGGG! It was absolutely gorgeous!

Good thing my Zephyr lease is up in 08? If it's that much bigger than the MKZ then it can't be it's competitor; it's wouldn't be in the same class. That has to be an STS or a DTS. I doubt it's a CTS.

Honestly the new Cadillac styling looks like ass. Lincoln makes way better looking cars IMHO, though as far as driveline and performance I give the nod to Caddy.

captainalias said:
I'm normally a Lincoln guy meself, but this new CTS looks gorgeous. Finally, the interior looks like a great upgrade.

Front looks bold, a bit Audi-ish, but nice. This was from 60 minutes last night. The back isn't as good as the front, IMO.

apr2_2008_cadillac_cts_1.jpg

apr2_2008_cadillac_cts_2.jpg

apr2_2008_cadillac_cts_3.jpg

apr2_2008_cadillac_cts_4.jpg

apr2_2008_cadillac_cts_5.jpg
I think this car looks like :q:q:q:q.

How come the only people replying to this thread are Lincoln guys? lol.

What I like about the styling is that it's bold; Lincoln's is more bland. E.g. the Zephyr isn't terribly exciting, and even the new MKS, while it looks *nice*, looks only like an Americanized Acura RL.

captainalias said:
How come the only people replying to this thread are Lincoln guys? lol.

What I like about the styling is that it's bold; Lincoln's is more bland. E.g. the Zephyr isn't terribly exciting, and even the new MKS, while it looks *nice*, looks only like an Americanized Acura RL.

because its better looking than anything lincoln is going to put out for the next decade. i cant wait until 2012 so the car will be old enough that i can afford one :)

I'm not really a Lincoln or a Caddy guy, just really can't stand the new Caddy styling. Bold or not they took the edgy concept to literal. Lincolns are just smoother and more appealing IMHO. Though as I said I like Cadillac drivelines better. Older Caddys I love, late 60's - early 70's gigantic 2 door convertibles are the sh*t. Just can't get behind the new "edgy" look it's just butt ugly.

itsnot the new edgy look, cadillacs have always had sharp, bold lines. they did a good job at making it seem like a new thing with thee cars, but looka t any older caddy and you will notice sharp lines.

and either way you look at it, this car makes a statement. the new zephyr hardly sticks out on the road.

Nakoa said:
itsnot the new edgy look, cadillacs have always had sharp, bold lines. they did a good job at making it seem like a new thing with thee cars, but looka t any older caddy and you will notice sharp lines.

Sharp lines yes, but tasteful. The way I see it is maybe some people think they did a good job, I just think my dog leaves more attractive piles tightly coiled on the front lawn.

Members online

No members online now.
Back