2007 Lincoln Aviator

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
For starters, it's no longer called the Aviator, but rather the MKX. Is that supposed to be the Mk X, like Mark 10? or MKX?

Interior- looks a lot like the Zephyr.

07_MKX_CUV_interior_.jpg

Look at the Ford Edge for reference (which, IMO, looks much better).

07_EdgeCUV_14.jpg

07_EdgeCUV_13.jpg

07_EdgeCUV_12.jpg

3_Edge_Innovative.jpg

Crazy sounds system:

The THX II Certified audio system in the 2007 Lincoln MKX offers the following:

14 speakers
600 watts of amplification
12 channels of digital signal processing power providing:
Individual speaker EQ
Three optimized seating position modes (Driver, Front Seat, All Seats)
THX-patented Configurable Speaker Array (CSA) processing
Surround processing of stereo CDs

What's wrong with the waterfall grille (which looks classy and refined)? The new crosshatch grille looks ugly!

The car in the picture is Ford, I think the Lincoln will have a waterfall grille.

captainalias said:
What's wrong with the waterfall grille (which looks classy and refined)? The new crosshatch grille looks ugly!

HyeLifeLS said:
The car in the picture is Ford, I think the Lincoln will have a waterfall grille.

I know it's a Ford Edge- the 3 bar chrome grille is nice. But the new Lincoln SUVs will have a new cross-hatch grille, that looks like enlarged wire mesh. The 2007 navigator gets it too.

IMO, the new Buick Enclave looks pretty nice too, AND it has a nicer 270 hp 3.6L engine. The faux wood can go though (oh, they say it's real burl wood). And it has a waterfall grille.

jan8buick_1.jpg

jan8buick_2.jpg

jan8buick_3.jpg

jan8buick_4.jpg

jan8buick_5.jpg

21 inch tires too.

lexmarkz00 said:
The Buick looks VERY pimp.

Very long too, about 202", which is about Explorer length. not bad for a car based SUV. I'd love to get those 21s....

And the Lincoln MKX will be unveiled tomorrow....

I never thought the day would come where I liked a GM product better than a Ford, but the Buick looks much better. The interior of the Edge looks boring.

The Buick looks just like a VW Toureg from the back, yuck IMO. Otherwise, it looks much nicer than the Aviator "replacement".

I'm glad they are not carrying the Aviator name over to that V6 minivan like vehicle.:rolleyes:

Also, IMO big mistake for Lincoln to do away with the waterfall grille... Mercury should have the "crosshatch".

Kinda retro look in the front. Side profile looks very stubby, in a bad way. Back end sort of reminds me of the Buick Rendezvous.

I'm sure it'll be nice if thats the type of vehicle you're looking for.

I would take the Buick Enclave over the MKX without blinking. The 3.6L Caddy engine owns the Ford 3.5L

The problem is that it looks too much like the Edge with just a few cosmetic differences. It needs its own, bigger engine, and unique Lincoln features. The Highlander and RX330 do not look the same at all. Why do both the Edge AND the MKX get the Vista roof?

mkx13cw.jpg

mkx21zc.jpg

mkx37of.jpg

mkx41cd.jpg

all that wood trim in that buick looks like they just threw it all over the place, not giving a care where to place them. Benzo and BM Lexus and Lincoln at least know where to put them!

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
all that wood trim in that buick looks like they just threw it all over the place, not giving a care where to place them. Benzo and BM Lexus and Lincoln at least know where to put them!

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll tone it down for the production version... :)

I like the Buick and Lincoln cross-overs about the same. I agree the mesh grill doesn't look good, a waterfall would look better. The Edge looks OK, but honestly this is a segment that I never really cared for in the first place. A bunch of SUVs based on elevated car chassis, ehh you can keep it. Look at the Nissan from the side it looks like a Gremlin! The MXS sedan on the other hand is gorgeous if it were on a descent chassis I'd love it!

Oh and the Buick much better than the Renezvous it replaces. Also why can't Ford make this in addition to the Aviator, instead of ditching the Aviator all together.

Filthy Sanchez said:
Oh and the Buick much better than the Renezvous it replaces. Also why can't Ford make this in addition to the Aviator, instead of ditching the Aviator all together.

Mos def. The current Rendezvous is a real POS.

Members online

Back