2007 Lincoln Aviator

Wow. Is that a gorgeous front end or what? And that panaromic roof? I was planning on going with the Ford Edge, which of course is the same car, but I think I really might have to consider the MKX now that I have seen it in person. Not to mention I want those air-conditioned seats! (imagine that on a hot summer's day!). This site is saying the MKX will be priced @ $35k. Seems pretty reasonable, although it is about $10k over the Edge. Not sure I can justify that to my wife!

lincolnlover06 said:
Wow. Is that a gorgeous front end or what? And that panaromic roof? I was planning on going with the Ford Edge, which of course is the same car, but I think I really might have to consider the MKX now that I have seen it in person. Not to mention I want those air-conditioned seats! (imagine that on a hot summer's day!). This site is saying the MKX will be priced @ $35k. Seems pretty reasonable, although it is about $10k over the Edge. Not sure I can justify that to my wife!

It is nice, and the interior looks great!

The engine hp numbers have been revised from 250 to 265 hp. Panoramic roof indeed. :)

No Hid Lights

In reading about the MKXin the www.media.ford.com site it does not mention at all about the availibility of High Intensity Discharge headlamp either in the standard equipment or in the optinal equipment list. I hope that they will be available on this vehicle. I do not understand while Lincoln does not just make them standard across the line. This is afterall the luxury division of Ford. Only one vehicle in the whole company has HID lights as standard and that is on the Mercury Montego. I just do not understand Ford's marketing or selling strategy. And they wonder why Lincoln sales are suffering. Here you have their flagship sedan at Lincoln, the Town Car that doesn not have HID standard, no availability of puddle lights or fog lamps or even REAL wood in the interior. Their entry level sedan the Zephyr has the puddle lamps and the fog lamps as standard equipment yet their flagship sedan they are not even available. Some one better view the equipment list on these vehicles and make some serious adjustments. One of those better be the availability of HID headlamps on the MKX. In these days a luxury brand offering their vehicles without the availability of the best lighting system is unthinkable.

I'm not sure if I'm digging the overall grille design that Lincoln is going with. It's just too busy for me. I love my '04 Nav and thanks to that new '07 design I'm really loving it now. By the way I'm new and my name is Steve. I've got an '04 black Nav Ultimate with the monochrome paint. I also have an '05 Dodge Ram SRT-10. I used have an '04 F-150 but I just love that Viper motor.

Members online

No members online now.
Back