2006 navigation ipod interface?

HA!!! I jus took out my radio, then put it back in cuz I'm not sure if I want a single din in there lol

Dang! I opened everything to get to my thx head unit. Can't believe it the ends of the pie adapter doesn't fit my head unit. So Pissed off right now.

Dang! I opened everything to get to my thx head unit. Can't believe it the ends of the pie adapter doesn't fit my head unit. So Pissed off right now.

What adapter? I thought so too with my Sirius adapter but it turned out I was using the wrong plug. IIRC, there may be a plug or two that isn't used.

The pie frdn-aux/s adapter. Is there something I'm not seeing? All the plugs in the factory head up are plugged in.

Oh no someone slap me dang! Thanks I guess will start putting he back together. Thanks!

The '06 THX/NAV uses the FRD03-AUX/S

I've searching for one these past few days, everyplace is out of stock. I emailed PIE and they said "Sorry we are currently out of stock of this item. This is a current item. We don't have an ETA yet."

I'm going on a trip soon and it would be nice to have one.

I've searching for one these past few days, everyplace is out of stock. I emailed PIE and they said "Sorry we are currently out of stock of this item. This is a current item. We don't have an ETA yet."

Seems I may have received the last one a few weeks back. You may be stuck with an FM modulator.

I didn't think it would that hard to find. I will be traveling from Kansas to Louisiana then to Texas just thinking of changing CD's the whole way is driving me insane. Hopefully I can find one down there.

I finally found a FRD03-AUX/S on ebay today. Brand new! Heck yeah!

I finally found a FRD03-AUX/S on ebay today. Brand new! Heck yeah!

Let us know how the seller transaction goes and if the install is as expected. I also have been looking for months. If eBay seller is solid and they have others, I may purchase. How much did you get it for and was it an auction or a 'buy it now' purchase?

Mine hasn't worked so bueno. It either isn't recognized at start-up or loses the signal after ~3 minutes displaying the "service satellite" message. It works well other than that. So far it's just an annoyance. I did call the tech line and he couldn't figure out what was wrong. Right now I'm calling it a feature :p

Let us know how the seller transaction goes and if the install is as expected. I also have been looking for months. If eBay seller is solid and they have others, I may purchase. How much did you get it for and was it an auction or a 'buy it now' purchase?
It was buy now and I got it for $79.00. After I bought it I asked him did he have more but he didn't. Just set up an alert for it and whenever is listed check it out and jump on it. I will post back when it arrives and I install it.

The Pie frd03-aux/s adapter arrived today. By just looking at it I can tell it's different than the one posted in this thread. It's all one piece. Instead of two separate pieces. But the package is labeled from Pie. I guess I'll try to install it anyway. Wish me luck!

The Pie frd03-aux/s adapter arrived today. By just looking at it I can tell it's different than the one posted in this thread. It's all one piece. Instead of two separate pieces. But the package is labeled from Pie. I guess I'll try to install it anyway. Wish me luck!

I think you misread this thread. The aux/s is one piece. The other box in the picture is a separate item that you need to order as well if you want to be able to charge your iPod.
"Next I purchased the PIE- RCA-iPD connector cables. This is the one that charges the iPod at 5V (this works for new generation models including the IPhone). I have a gen 3 Ipod nano and it works with this one for charging. "
If you don't need the charging feature, a simple headphone plug to RCAs cable will work for you.

I think you misread this thread. The aux/s is one piece. The other box in the picture is a separate item that you need to order as well if you want to be able to charge your iPod.
"Next I purchased the PIE- RCA-iPD connector cables. This is the one that charges the iPod at 5V (this works for new generation models including the IPhone). I have a gen 3 Ipod nano and it works with this one for charging. "
If you don't need the charging feature, a simple headphone plug to RCAs cable will work for you.
I know you have to buy that separately. I'm saying the one I have is one unit. The Pie Harness is one with the Pie Box it doesn't disconnect and instead of having the two aux ports it has two 5 inch female aux ports. It was a pain to install though. But works Ok. It looses the Sat connection but I'll live.

Members online

No members online now.
Back