2006 LS stereo install pics

Curtain airbags are in the headliner. The A pillars are the same with or without side curtains.

once a guy here PM'ed me about the clip that held it on on an 06 with side curtains, said once he removed both panels that they would not clip back in, also said the dealer told him that they are a one time only kind of thing and made him buy new A pillars. I haven't seen any that didn't go back on (as long as they were taken off correctly) so I didn't know for sure.

That's just upsetting. It was probably just difficulty aligning it combined with worn push clips not securely clipping

once a guy here PM'ed me about the clip that held it on on an 06 with side curtains, said once he removed both panels that they would not clip back in, also said the dealer told him that they are a one time only kind of thing and made him buy new A pillars. I haven't seen any that didn't go back on (as long as they were taken off correctly) so I didn't know for sure.

I have side curtains in my 06. I've had the A pillars out and back in a few times. It was no different than my 04 (without side curtains). That was BS from that dealer.

well that is great to know for sure now...

I've very curious to know what happen to both of his where he was not able to reattach either of them.

well that is great to know for sure now...
I've very curious to know what happen to both of his where he was not able to reattach either of them.

I had a little trouble getting the driver side off on mine. There was an extra fabric strap that attached to the metal retainer clip that the plastic post pushed into the frame. Caused me some headache but got it loose eventually.

[/img]"]
z4jIMeFh.jpg
[/URL]

that is interesting, mine does not have that tether strap, maybe he did not disconnect it and pulling it out broke something? (cant imagine anything that couldn't be remedied)

Yes, subs are suitable for free air use. No box other than the whole trunk space. They have significantly reduced power handling without a box but still sound great. They don't pound your chest like a solid 12 would but the frequency response is great. I have them playing crossed over 30hz high pass at the amp and 100hz low pass at the head unit. Puts factory THX to shame.

BRO GREAT WORK ~~~ Jelly AS Fuq ~~~ However ~~~ I just got mine ~~~ and thanks to you I have a format that will eventually get the sound too match the ride !!! Peace and Thank You\

Wow! Excellent Installation. Congrats! I hope you find the time to to answer a couple questions. I own a 2006 Lincoln LS with Nav. In the photos, there seems to be a box (unit) between the two speakers in the rear deck -- is the a factory AMP for the rear ? Follow-question, how many factory AMPS are there and locations ? I thought there was also one for a subwoofer, but in photos I could not see subwoofer nor amp for it.
Thank you so much!

Wow! Excellent Installation. Congrats! I hope you find the time to to answer a couple questions. I own a 2006 Lincoln LS with Nav. In the photos, there seems to be a box (unit) between the two speakers in the rear deck -- is the a factory AMP for the rear ? Follow-question, how many factory AMPS are there and locations ? I thought there was also one for a subwoofer, but in photos I could not see subwoofer nor amp for it.
Thank you so much!

Those two "speakers" on the rear deck are the subs. There's no rule that says subs have to be round or singular (referring to the factory subs). The box between the two is the sub amp.
There are two amps, the sub amp on the rear deck and the 4-channel amp for the door speakers, in the trunk on the driver's side.

Last edited:
The box between the two is the sub amp.
Joe, I do not think that is entirely correct. The sub amp was located on the bottom of the parcel shelf between the subs but was removed before taking the photos. The black box in the photo on top of the parcel shelf between the subs is the reverse parking aid module.

parking aid module.JPG

sub amp.JPG

Yes, it is. I didn't look back at the picture he was referencing to see that it was on top of the deck and not under the shelf.

Awesome install. Was just asking this question in a Facebook LS group..

But did you have the center console speakers?

Members online

Back