2005 LS Review

"Taken as a whole, at just under $50K when new, the V8 version of the last gen mid-size Lincoln was almost as over-priced as its contemporary replacement."

I found the dealer sticker in the glove compartment after I bought mine. The original owner paid 46k for it new!! My how these things depreciate!:rolleyes:

Its kinda funny to see another persons opinion of the LS who isnt an owner and fanatic from this forum. I'm kinda puzzled with some people on here who state they will NEVER get rid of their LS. Maybe i just get bored with a car after i have it for awhile but i dont understand how someone can have that much love for the LS. There are alot of new owners on here so i guess they're still in that honeymoon phase with their LS. My '05 has around 102k miles now and i'm totally over it. If it wasnt for the fact that what i owe on it versus its value wasnt so assbackward i'd be shopping around for a new car as i type. With my monthly payment of $450 i could find plenty of great replacements within that price range, but with the current economy i have literally been told by dealers that they dont want the LS on trade. That says something. I sometimes hope a truck will lose its brakes and just demolish it while parked somewhere and get it totaled and be done with it. With its piss poor value it wouldnt be too hard to rack up enough damage for it to be totaled. :shifty:

Its kinda funny to see another persons opinion of the LS who isnt an owner and fanatic from this forum. I'm kinda puzzled with some people on here who state they will NEVER get rid of their LS. Maybe i just get bored with a car after i have it for awhile but i dont understand how someone can have that much love for the LS. There are alot of new owners on here so i guess they're still in that honeymoon phase with their LS. My '05 has around 102k miles now and i'm totally over it. If it wasnt for the fact that what i owe on it versus its value wasnt so assbackward i'd be shopping around for a new car as i type. With my monthly payment of $450 i could find plenty of great replacements within that price range, but with the current economy i have literally been told by dealers that they dont want the LS on trade. That says something. I sometimes hope a truck will lose its brakes and just demolish it while parked somewhere and get it totaled and be done with it. With its piss poor value it wouldnt be too hard to rack up enough damage for it to be totaled. :shifty:

Damn 450 a month? :q:q:q:q...I'm paying 250 a month on a 5yr loan :/

450 is like..SUV price range......

Damn 450 a month? :q:q:q:q...I'm paying 250 a month on a 5yr loan :/

450 is like..SUV price range......

With a first gen LS and a 5 yr/$250 month payment i think the car is going to lose its value quicker than your gonna pay it off. Even with gap insurance your an accident away from being fuked. When i buy a car i try to get the shortest loan term i can afford. In my opinion anything over a 4 yr loan puts you in a sketchy situation. I currenty owe $9400 and the NADA/KBB value is around $8000. No dealer wants to touch my '05 when i owe $9400 even though its still in really good shape with all options.

102k on a 05 is what is really killin your value. Who would want it when the average 05 has 40-60k.

If you are that upside down you paid to much or I think you do alot of miles....so a short term loan or perhaps a down payment to get ahead of the game.

I do a fair amount of miles but alot less than I used to. I spread it out over a few vehicles though.

With a first gen LS and a 5 yr/$250 month payment i think the car is going to lose its value quicker than your gonna pay it off. Even with gap insurance your an accident away from being fuked. When i buy a car i try to get the shortest loan term i can afford. In my opinion anything over a 4 yr loan puts you in a sketchy situation.

But the thing is I bought the car and purchased a 2yr aftermarket warrenty which is why it's at 250.....

and I pay 300-350 a month on my car payment to pay it off quicker..in fact i'll have it all paid off next year :-D

But the thing is I bought the car and purchased a 2yr aftermarket warrenty which is why it's at 250.....

and I pay 300-350 a month on my car payment to pay it off quicker..in fact i'll have it all paid off next year :-D

Thats a good way to stay out of being upside down.

102k on a 05 is what is really killin your value. Who would want it when the average 05 has 40-60k.

If you are that upside down you paid to much or I think you do alot of miles....so a short term loan or perhaps a down payment to get ahead of the game.

I do a fair amount of miles but alot less than I used to. I spread it out over a few vehicles though.

Your right on most accounts, but i got a pretty good deal when i bought it. I traded in my '02 V6 LS which back then had a good value and i got $2000 over what i owed. I got the '05 in summer '06 which again back then my Ultimate with all options still carried a decent sticker price. I think i financed $19k when the sticker price brand new was $45950 (still have the original window sticker). So i think i did alright with the purchase but i drive alittle over 2k miles a month, which is alot. So at the rate i am going i will have about 150k miles if i ride out the length of the loan. I have confidence that the LS will hold up until 150k miles so i'll have some sort of value at the end but i'm just bored with it. The car just depreciated too quickly and the dealers have told me that a car with a V8 isnt exactly what consumers are looking for nowadays as far as resale. I guess people want little 4 banger sh!t boxes. Also the with LS requiring premium gas there are alot of different things that are negatives when trying to work a trade. I'm sure dealers are eager to make a sale and get cars off their lots but they dont want a car like the LS as a trade, especially with 102k miles.

Whatchu talkin about Willis? I've seen a HIGH volume of second hand buyers (including myself) on LS's in the past 2 years. I see at least 1 LS a day (DUH..MINE). Even the new members on here have grown as well....sadly though I've seen some people buying :q:q:q:qty custom parts for these and making them look ugly.....I felt sorry for the cars......such as the chrome overdose.....

Thats a good way to stay out of being upside down.

That's cause a long loan gives you better APR but if you pay it off as it was a short term loan then you get away with loosing a lot more money. As I see it I will NEVER get a loan where I have to pay more than 325 a month...that's the moral I live by......cause then I can pay 400-500 on top of it to deminish the loss :-D

That's cause a long loan gives you better APR but if you pay it off as it was a short term loan then you get away with loosing a lot more money. As I see it I will NEVER get a loan where I have to pay more than 325 a month...that's the moral I live by......cause then I can pay 400-500 on top of it to deminish the loss :-D

I think it works the opposite, the shorter the loan term the lower the interest rate.

Whatchu talkin about Willis? I've seen a HIGH volume of second hand buyers (including myself) on LS's in the past 2 years. I see at least 1 LS a day (DUH..MINE). Even the new members on here have grown as well....sadly though I've seen some people buying :q:q:q:qty custom parts for these and making them look ugly.....I felt sorry for the cars......such as the chrome overdose.....

Most of the new owners i have seen have had 1st gen LS's, which means they are probably buying them dirt cheap. I think alot of the later model '05/'06 LS's are still owned by the original owners. A '03 LS can be found for a pretty cheap price but i have seen more 1st gen on the roads. I think the buyers of the LS are becoming younger as the car gets older. Maybe i'm wrong. I'd be willing to bet most new LS owners are under 25 yrs old which was definately NOT the original demographic of an LS owner.

I am in the market to buy a gen2 LS right now. I dunno why you all are wanting out!? I am buying straight up though, no loans, is this a bad idea?

I love the LS!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the market to buy a gen2 LS right now. I dunno why you all are wanting out!? I am buying straight up though, no loans, is this a bad idea?

I love the LS!!!!!!!!!!

There isnt anything really wrong with the LS, but in my mind there also isnt anything really that great either. With the exception of a/c seats there isnt anything with the interior that the LS has that a Ford Fusion doesnt. Its nice to have rwd, its nice to have a V8....but that only goes so far. My LS has gone thru two sets of coils for a total of 17 different coils now. That sucks. And i think it still has another slight misfire building up. I will say that with 102k miles it has held up fairly well minus the coils. I have owned a LS for five years now ('02 & '05 models) and i'm just bored with them. The same reason why people get a new flat screen tv or a new pair of shoes or a new computer, etc.... I am at the point where i want a new car. In my opinion the LS is fairly dated compared to what is out there now.

Perhaps it is because I have driven beater cars for forever. I've never had anything that is worth doing mods to and worth keeping clean. I'm just a poor college student, so a decent car (like the LS *IMO*) would be a great car for the average poor college kid. I am hoping to graduate soon and I want a car to buy stuff for, I just have never owned anything worth the hobby of babying/modding a car.

(87 F150)
(88 Nissan Pathfinder)

I just keep reading all these posts here about how the LS sucks and many of them are actual owners... lol

It kinda sucks, I really am loving the 2nd gens. Like I am dead set on it, I have money and everything, just waiting for the one I want to show up nearby...

(03+ V8 Black)

Perhaps it is because I have driven beater cars for forever. I've never had anything that is worth doing mods to and worth keeping clean.

(87 F150)
(88 Nissan Pathfinder)

I just keep reading all these posts here about how the LS sucks and many of them are actual owners... lol

It kinda sucks, I really am loving the 2nd gens. Like I am dead set on it, I have money and everything, just waiting for the one I want to show up nearby...

(03+ V8 Black)

I'm not saying the LS sucks....the coil issue sucks, but the overall car is alright. Based on your previous rides the LS is a big step up and you'll most likely love it. But i ride in my brothers BMW 335, got friends with Audi's, Lexus, Infiniti, and it gives you a different perspective. Since i was 16yrs old i have progressed from a '84 Buick Regal, '86 Buick T-Type, '90 Riviera, '91 Trans Am, '96 Trans Am, '01 Intrepid, '02 LS, '05 LS. I just want something different, if you want a LS then go for it.

if you dont mind getting beat by trailblazers welcome aboard!!... lol

Great review that I think states almost everyone's opinion of the LS. Specifically, it was a great first step in the right direction for Lincoln. Unfortunately the idiots at fomoco decided a little sidestep and sissy twirl should come next instead of a second straight-forward step.

Do you suppose anyone at Ford frequents this forum? They should because we are geniuses. :D

to each their own. i like my ls and bought it a year ago. if you like the car you will overlook minor things that piss off other owners. so it may have higher maintenance cost, but so does a wife! D the work yourself, pay a friend, or buy aftermarket warranty. it takes the expensive gas, well good, its an expensive car.

you like the expensive Belvedere vodka in your oj, you will pay the money for it.

its still a great car that the younger generations are finding affordable and loving.

to each their own. i like my ls and bought it a year ago. if you like the car you will overlook minor things that piss off other owners. so it may have higher maintenance cost, but so does a wife! D the work yourself, pay a friend, or buy aftermarket warranty. it takes the expensive gas, well good, its an expensive car.

you like the expensive Belvedere vodka in your oj, you will pay the money for it.

its still a great car that the younger generations are finding affordable and loving.

I agree, while I am not too young, the market is great on these things, I can afford to drive a 38k car, yea its 3 years old, has some miles on it, but I didnt break the bank buying it, and it is a lot better car then I would have bought any other used car at the price point I bought it at! In my opinion. I am buying the warranty for bumper to bumper thru the best warranty company for 100k miles total price of car and 100k warranty is 15k..Ill take that any day!

The LS has a lot going for it. You question how there can be enthusiasts for a car such as the LS, but honestly there are entire forums dedicated to 4 cylinder and V6 Mustangs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back