2005 Lincoln LS door sensors

Antonio

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Lincoln LS that has the light and ding noise that notifies you when a door is open. The light and sound is always on even when doors are completely closed. I took off all 4 door sensors and the light and ding still is on. Any ideas how to stop it?

You have a failing door latch assembly, now you need to find out which one is bad. Its common on the LS's. I went through the same thing. see what door "doesnt ding" when you have your key on accessory (before start) by opening each door by it self. You know what door is good because the chime will go away. I dont think the rear doors chime.. Im pretty sure that was how I figured out what one is bad. It will eat your battery right up and your car will not go to sleep.

I have a 2005 Lincoln LS that has the light and ding noise that notifies you when a door is open. The light and sound is always on even when doors are completely closed. I took off all 4 door sensors and the light and ding still is on. Any ideas how to stop it?

I assume you must have the V6, as the V8 tells you exactly which door. Unplugging the sensor (door latch) causes a door open indication all the time, so that approach to diagnosing the problem won't work. You have to check for continuity across the door ajar switch with the door closed, or make a short across the appropriate wires in the harness.

I assume you must have the V6, as the V8 tells you exactly which door. Unplugging the sensor (door latch) causes a door open indication all the time, so that approach to diagnosing the problem won't work. You have to check for continuity across the door ajar switch with the door closed, or make a short across the appropriate wires in the harness.

So, now that I cut the door sensors out is there anyway for me to make the ding or the light stop and go out? Is there a fuse I can pull out? Would I have to buy new door latch assemblies?

Why would you have done that?
When the door is closed, the circuit is closed. When the door is open, the circuit is open. Now you have all door switch circuits open, so the car believes that all the doors are open. There is no fuse to pull. The door ajar warning and the interior lights are integrated with other functions. You can't kill those without killing off more vital stuff.

Why would you have done that?
When the door is closed, the circuit is closed. When the door is open, the circuit is open. Now you have all door switch circuits open, so the car believes that all the doors are open. There is no fuse to pull. The door ajar warning and the interior lights are integrated with other functions. You can't kill those without killing off more vital stuff.

Listen to what Joegr says guys, I cant remember how exactly what i did to determine what door was bad but he walked me through it before I cant find the post on my previous threads etc.... any ways... from my understanding if you remove any sensor/ lock assembly your car will not be able to "go to sleep" ... now im not sure if that would eat your battery up faster or possibly you wake up to a dead battery because of it...

... from my understanding if you remove any sensor/ lock assembly your car will not be able to "go to sleep" ...

No, that shouldn't keep the car from sleeping. You can leave doors open, and it will still sleep. One of the things that would keep it from sleeping would be a marginal switch that would keep changing from open to closed to open just sitting there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back