2004 v6 transmission shifting hard, stuttering

I was supprised to see this issue return in 04 although I think it might be in a different form.IIRC the 02/03 models have not really shown problems like this 00/01 and the 04. My best advice is buy an extended warranty with the car.

I sold cars in the past for a dealer and the warranty is marked up so you can negoitate the price make it a deal stopper if you can't get a few hundred bucks off the price.

For what it is worth I love the hell out of my car and intend to drive it for a couple more years so it is a great product. They all have problems but with this car they are extremely predictable. I have 114k miles on the car now and it drives today like it did for the first 20/25k miles before all the problems..

nhschutt said:
...snip...The first dealership's service guy actually took the time to look up what the other dealer did (I didn't give him my name; he went out of his way to find it when I asked for another service guy) and tell me that they over-fixed the car and that all I really needed was the new fluid additive...snip...

How the hell would he know??? They couldn't find a problem to begin with! I would have told him hind sight is 20/20 and they must have excellent rear vision because they sure can't see anything in front of them!

I can't stand a dealership...or anyone else...who screws up, then when someone competent fixes it, bad mouth's them. This really ticks me off. I would tell that guy to hug my balls. Sorry mods....

Members online

No members online now.
Back