2004 Lincoln LSE V8....

well the LSE is no go for me the carfax shows 2 accidents and a airbag deployed...plus im mad theres no moonroof lol...and also they say they changed the oil service yesterday but soon as I turned the car on it says need oil change or something like that and the salesman says they just have to reset it to make it go away...too many negatives for me to justify paying $10000 for it!!! continue my search...

That blows.....Just find yourself a 06 and be done.

yea your right hopefully i can find one in my area under $10k...ill be patient and im sure something will come around

I just bought a 2003 V8 with 63K for $8500. car is mint with only 2 owners clean carfoxx. Shop around.

Im coming out of a 2004 RAM 1500 Hemi Reg. cab. Love that truck but uncomfortable as hell for my 6'2" frame (seat dont go back far enuff) and post op back surgery.

The build quality is a little chincey on the inside and the ride kinda harsh and rattly but boy this some bitch screws. I dont care for how it soaks up the bumps either. My truck swallowed pot holes for a snack. I'll have to get some taller tires to plush it up a bit. Its got OEM Mihcielns now.

Question the weather strip on the trunk down low by the right taillight was lifted up so I pulled it off some more to see what looked like body work. They had an 04 there as well so i compared the two and it seems like thats how the body pannels meet in that area. Very suspect casue it almost looks like a repair. Im going Saturday for the final inspection before I pull the trigger. I was a dealer wrench @ Chevy-Pontiac-SAAB joint for 15 yrs so sometimes im Hyper criticle and physc myself out but if it looks like a duck & acts like a duck,,, u know the rest.

Oh when I climbed into the back seat I caught the weather strip there to and the whole thing dam near came off. Again I like the car but there are some build issues and general cheapness there for sure. It aint no Town Car. Under part throttle she shifts a little funny to. If you get in the gas like 1/4 it feels fine. Its almost like its going threw the gears so quick at part throttle that u kinda need to accelerate a bit more briskly to have a positive feel.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

10well im not a big fan on carfax most peaple dont really know how to use it properly if i was you i would of used the carfax to my advantage and lower the price to 8k but make it contingent apon a multi point inspection from a lincoln dealership and if all is good then get it. peaple should not live or die on carfax alone i had a accident on my ls 2 months right after i got it brand new the car at the time only had 200 miles on it and it did over 12k worth of damage but no air bags deployed and now i have 121k on this car and it never has broken down on me and it still looks mint.

Oh for sure Car-Foxx is not the Gospel. What it will inexplicably do however is show you dealer repair work and owners. Accidents don't always need to be reported.

Whats the point of your comment? Are you saying just that. That your clearly borderline total loss of the car was not shown on a car fax report?

well fellas now im considering the g35 or maybe even toyota salora seeing as I really need a reliable car...maybe unless i come across any 06 LS which is kinda hard!!!

Never heard of a Salora..

Get an '07 Impreza 2.5i, or a Lexus GS IMO.

Solara is a total chick car. If your looking at a Solara buy the Infinity please! If not the Infinity then go look at Scions. The tC was the most reliable car I had and can be found all day for under 10k with factory warranty

yea your right I looked at it and was like man it looks like a girl car sometimes lol...man I dont know what I wanna do..i just want a nice looking car in my budget that can be somewhat reliable without staying in the shop weeks at a time constantly...bbut i just cant give up on the lincoln because I truely want 1 just scared im gonna end up gettign stuck with a lemon because well thats my luck with cars lol!!

I bought my '06, with 44k miles, for $12k about 6 months ago. www.autotrader.com is a good place to look. Traded in an '01 Continental with 95k miles. In my case the carfax showed there were two previous owners. The car was bought new and used from the same Fl. Lincoln dealership. No accidents. Both owners took the car into this same dealership for all repairs. I have a record, from the carfax, that the oil was changed every 3k miles. That, and not so much as a door ding, was the main reason I pulled the trigger on my LS after looking at MANY. The $12k price helped too. I just have the premium sound and white ceramic pearlescent tri coat paint. Both are about $700 each new. My wife bought her '05 Sport LOADED, except nav., with 47k miles for $12k as well. She traded her '05 CTS, with 46k miles, which was having powertrain problems ALREADY. I traded my '01 Continental because I fell in love with my wife's LS. The LS is a VERY fun car to drive. Much better than her CTS with sport suspension.
There are plenty of '05 and '06's out there for under 10k with reasonable mileage. It just takes ALOT of looking.
Sorry for being so long winded.

yea i check all the time to see if a new listing pops up but in my area there not poppin up just mainly 04's and under with a few 05's but I came to the decision that if I do get 1 I want it to be an 06...but yea bro u lucked up big time getting that car with a clean carfax and repair records...thats what im hoping to run into...my only options I use really is autotrader,craigslist,and sometimes cars.com does anyone have any other places i could search because i dont wanna go dealer to dealer looking for a lincoln but till then....the search continues!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back