2004 Lincoln LSE V8....

thanx everyone for the input much appreciated and thanks to dysfunctional for pointing out that light bro i didnt even notice that lol i really do need to stop smoking...but yea i went and seen the lse and man is it a beauty much better then then the other ls...only isse is I just stopped at repair shop and talked to the manager about the cars and he says there strong engines but that there an arm and a leg to repair he says once it messes it up it messes up continously and is expensive!!!!!! I still want that LSE ima decide by tomorrow!!!

The manager doesn't know what the fcuk he is taking about. Gen 2s are reliable... You might have to replace a coil or two - ok ok maybe all eight, but that's about it.
He probably thought it was a BMW, that's why he said that.

lol I swear i figured he was talking about gen 1's...but yea can anyone tell me whats so special about a 2004 LSE...the guys at the dealer were telling me its rare to find and I wouldnt find another in that condition and all that other salesman talk but at the same time i kinda felt he was telling the truth lol...what should I look for when I test drive tomorrow??

lol I swear i figured he was talking about gen 1's...but yea can anyone tell me whats so special about a 2004 LSE...the guys at the dealer were telling me its rare to find and I wouldnt find another in that condition and all that other salesman talk but at the same time i kinda felt he was telling the truth lol...what should I look for when I test drive tomorrow??

It's their job. They are salesman, built to sell.

In 2004 and 2005 you could get the LSE appearance package. The tail lights were changed to all-red (standard tails in 2004 and up are two-tone. Special wheels for LSE - chrome 7-spokes. Almost forgot, and a spoiler.

Now, you can tell them to go screw themselves. I will explain.....In 2006, there was no LSE package, but instead, every 2006 LS came with the LSE appearance changes. The only exception is that they had two-tone tails.

So, when he says it's rare, you can tell him, that you can pick an 06 that will look just like the 04 in his lot. I don't know the production numbers for that year, but the word "rare" wouldn't be the right term to use for the 06s.

ok cool I understand you...so do you feel $10000 for this 04 LSE is a good deal..only thing is I want to put a aftermarket nav if I car but I hear its harder... I would probably pay someone to install for me...as long as its possible and i wont have any problems with the aftermaket nav then its all good!!!

only thing is I want to put a aftermarket nav if I car but I hear its harder... I would probably pay someone to install for me...as long as its possible and i wont have any problems with the aftermaket nav then its all good!!!

Why? The stock unit isn't the latest, greatest but it works. If you want to add an aftermarket unit just buy an inexpensive Garmin or Magellan and use that.

LSEs are indeed rare.

I was just thinking of removing it to get dvd mp3 maybe backup camera and all that other good stuff

Yea it's worth it and yea you can upgrade even if it has the navigation unit.

If you go with the LSE, I wouldn't mind trading tails (mine are two-tone) :D

Trust me I have the nav its a very good system and its thx Google thx and you will find out that the ls was the first production car that used thx. Its a 300watt system and its extremely clear most people that have them keep the head unit unless its defective but replace the speakers with high grade ones like infinity kappas and add a more powerful amp but for me it sounds great just the way it is. I just replaced my ear deck speakers and purchased some free air 6x9 subs since my old one died everything else is still factory. And also the nav is voice enabled but works best when you speak like a robot lol...... "Mr roboto says gas station" lol.

I was just thinking of removing it to get dvd mp3 maybe backup camera and all that other good stuff

You can add backup camera to the factory nav. You can also add MP3 (controlled from the nav touch screen) with an adapter. (Should work for all 04s, doesn't work for all 06.)

Yup I installed a pie adapter I used to have the pie sat adaptor and the screen will display the songs and you can control the ipod/iphone from the factory head unit. Now I removed this and added a pie frdaux adapter instead cuz I wanted to use my BlackBerry or another mobile device but I also added a jabra dog tag Bluetooth device to the RCA cable so now my pie frdaux is now Bluetooth compatible but I can't control it from the head unit. So you have 2 options for the ls nav unit.

appreciate the feedback everyone...but man am I on the fence after reading all the kellybluebook used car reviews bout this car it seems its mostly negative and i dont wanna spend $10000 on a LSE if im going to have to spend $2000 in repairs in just 1 year or so...or these cars really this problematic?? but I also notice that some of the people in this thread and also other review sites who complain about car problems all have 2002 ls and lower it seems..so i feel a lil better but just not sure

appreciate the feedback everyone...but man am I on the fence after reading all the kellybluebook used car reviews bout this car it seems its mostly negative and i dont wanna spend $10000 on a LSE if im going to have to spend $2000 in repairs in just 1 year or so...or these cars really this problematic?? but I also notice that some of the people in this thread and also other review sites who complain about car problems all have 2002 ls and lower it seems..so i feel a lil better but just not sure

I wouldn't say that they are problematic. They are complicated and have a lot more features than an economy car. The more you have, the more that will break. The LS was a $40K+ car when new. The general rule of thumb says that a $40K car will cost twice as much as a $20K car to repair.
The LS was intended to compete with BMW. In my experience, they are less expensive to maintain and repair than BMW.

I have two LSes, an 04 at about 150K miles and an 06 at 80K miles. Both have been good, and the 06 has been the most trouble free car I ever bought. (Purchased new, and comparing it to others I bought new) The 04's been about average. I had no major repairs on the 06. On the 04, I've had - transmission solenoid, AC compressor, plastic cooling system parts, and coils.

One warning: A set of stock or better tires is about $1K.

at what mileage on the 04 lse did all the problems start occuring??and how much would you say you spent on the 04 lse for repairs since you had it?? and what do you mean by the stock tires..why would I need another set of tires?

at what mileage on the 04 lse did all the problems start occuring??and how much would you say you spent on the 04 lse for repairs since you had it?? and what do you mean by the stock tires..why would I need another set of tires?

1. Around 80K, but it was all spread out after that (didn't happen all at once.)

2. Probably about $2500

3. Believe it or not, tires wear out with mileage. This is true of all cars and tires, only the rate varies.

Oh, and my 04 is not LSE.

I have a 04 as well best car I ever had so far. Don't trust some of the other forums or review since most people who come to forums is because they have issues and that goes with all the cars you buy. The question is really what do you consider a major issue or not for example I just replaced all the plastic components of the cooling system the dccv is the last thing I have to do now I considered that maintenance others considered that an issue since older cars have metal nit plastic parts like these new cars now other then the coils that are more if an issue with the Gen 1 than gen2 they are no engine and tranny issues with this car. Btw the. Coils have factory warranty from Ford for 100k or 10 years so your good if that happens . If you decide to get this car this forum has covered everything this car alot of times I end I end up telling the mechanic what's wrong and how to fix it. Just go and sign that note.

cool you dudes dont know how much I appreciate all the help without having to hear use the "search feature" lol because i used the search feature for a few days before i decided to register and its not so good and easy to find certain things but thanks yall...ima go test drive today is there anything I should look out for to make sure theres no real problems??/ im coming from a 2000 bmw 540i and that thing was quite the expense to repair and maintain but i dealt with it and im sure lincoln shouldnt be as expensive as bmw to maintain and repair....right???

Ohh in that case then you know how much it will cost to maintain a car like this it will be almost the same or a little cheaper Now things to look for try to get on a freeway and floor it if it hesitates when hitting 50 to 70mph then that's a good indication that the coils are going out. If you car has a rough idle then also coils. When you shift to reverse and the tranny jumps or thumps no worries its a oil tranny change if it keeps happening its the selenoid packs of the wheel shakes when hitting 70mph is just a balance that you need but you need a road force balance trust me hughe difference. Also turn the ac to 60 let it get really cold and then after the car is warmed up turn it to 90 if it don't get heat the. You have a bad dccv may just need cleaning but have them get you a new one. Don't kick the tires cuz the alignment goes wackky and don't get comfy on the leather cuz it could crack and refrain from smirking or smilling when driving hard this is a condition called LS Grin lol (we all have failed this one lol).

But other then the dccv you get any if the coil issues use this to lower the price of the car and no not always get a engine light when coils go bad when you get it us when its really messed up and it can't take it no more. Remember if you get it lower the price cuz the dealership has to cover this for free from Ford just take it to another dealer. Do a search for coils warranty and some one posted the actual letter from Ford all the ls owners got one just print it out and take it to the dealer cuz some of them claim not to know anything..

good advice very helpful....I was planning on before purchasing getting the car a 86 point inspection at a AAA approved repair shop for a bout $90 just to make sure everything is fine...and if everything checks out good and I dont miss my shot at the car...Ill be joininng the game with you guys soon im sure ill learn alot from here!!

well the LSE is no go for me the carfax shows 2 accidents and a airbag deployed...plus im mad theres no moonroof lol...and also they say they changed the oil service yesterday but soon as I turned the car on it says need oil change or something like that and the salesman says they just have to reset it to make it go away...too many negatives for me to justify paying $10000 for it!!! continue my search...

Members online

No members online now.
Back