2004 Lincoln LS grilles

IndyLS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
:L
Hello all, I am a new memeber, and have been impressed with the site thus far! I am quite relieved that I found a FREE forum that promotes creativity and self-expression via LS customization! Now to my quesiton(s)...

For quite some time, I have searched for a 2004 LSE grille to put into my 2001 LS, with no luck. Fortunately, I noticed that some members have been able to find the grille, and I am curious where they purchased them. I was able to find a "2004 Silver Grille" on Parts.com, but have been reluctant to make the purchase, as they have no pictures or descripions of th grille itself. If any of you made your purchase through this supplier, eureka!

Secondly, I have been trying to research aftermarket headunits for my LS, with limited success. My issue is that I would like to put a 2 DIN headunit into my 1.5 DIN space. Since the 1.5 DIN in the LS is a bit offset, I have contemplated trying to make the space work with a 2 DIN, however, I am curious if anyone has attempted such an install? If so, were you able to install the 2 DIN without cutting or manipulating, or did you have to resort to "surgery" on your LS?

Thanks everyone for your shared enthusiasm in the amazing LS! I am looking forward to many more posts and responses, and am anxious to get pics of my LS loaded.
Happy motoring, and best wishes,

Scott

Scott,

I can get the 2004 LSE Grilles if you are interested. They come standard in Black, Vivid Red and Silver Birch. However, I can have it painted to any color you wish if your car is another color.

Ken

Thank you both for your help. Ken, once I read your response I checked out your website and other posts, fortuantely I was able to find your previous post regarding the grille:

"Actually that grille is for the '04 LSE and only comes in Black, Silver and Red. You can buy one and have it painted for about $70-$100. It's a nice grille for sure. It looks good on Rafael's car!"

I assume the following, but figured I would ask just to be sure; are the vertical grille bars chrome in all of the black, silver, and red models? If so, I would prefer to have the upper horizontal bar which also includes the Lincoln emblem to be color matched to my car. Ken, fortuantely, I have already done business with you, and have been very pleased with my experience. I previously lived in Hawaii, and I purchased the DDE lights and pillar inserts from you. They worked great, and I appreciated your thoroughly detailed instructions, although I noticed you have since updated to the new CCFL rings, which put my LED rings to shame in the daylight. I suppose I will have to update those in time. As for the grille, it seems as though you and member "eleanor" both offer the grilles. I would like to do business with both LS enthusiasts, yet I was pleased with my previous experience with you, so if you get back to me, I would love to talk about the details.

Scott

IndyLS said:
Thank you both for your help. Ken, once I read your response I checked out your website and other posts, fortuantely I was able to find your previous post regarding the grille:

"Actually that grille is for the '04 LSE and only comes in Black, Silver and Red. You can buy one and have it painted for about $70-$100. It's a nice grille for sure. It looks good on Rafael's car!"

I assume the following, but figured I would ask just to be sure; are the vertical grille bars chrome in all of the black, silver, and red models? If so, I would prefer to have the upper horizontal bar which also includes the Lincoln emblem to be color matched to my car. Ken, fortuantely, I have already done business with you, and have been very pleased with my experience. I previously lived in Hawaii, and I purchased the DDE lights and pillar inserts from you. They worked great, and I appreciated your thoroughly detailed instructions, although I noticed you have since updated to the new CCFL rings, which put my LED rings to shame in the daylight. I suppose I will have to update those in time. As for the grille, it seems as though you and member "eleanor" both offer the grilles. I would like to do business with both LS enthusiasts, yet I was pleased with my previous experience with you, so if you get back to me, I would love to talk about the details.

Scott

Thanks for kind words. I'll shoot you an email and we can discuss.

IndyLS said:
As for the grille, it seems as though you and member "eleanor" both offer the grilles.
Scott

Hey..that is me...:)....
Scott....Ken and I usually work with each other...I know he can offer the grille painted, where as I can not....

I view it this way...two heads working together in a aftermarket setting is the best way to win. especailly since there is not alot of aftermarket products avail for the Lincoln LS...

If you get the chance take a looksey at my web site also...
www.lincolndde.com/gallery......
See ya...
Eleanor

Eleanor said:
I view it this way...two heads working together in a aftermarket setting is the best way to win. especailly since there is not alot of aftermarket products avail for the Lincoln LS...

J,

:iconcur:

Ken

GrayGhost1 said:
Thanks for kind words. I'll shoot you an email and we can discuss.
GrayGhost1 Ken, I just sent you a message w/a question... Thanks

GrayGhost1 said:
Sent you one back!
The customer u sent the LSE grill to that had it painted is he a member here? just wondering if he took any pictures if he could post it to see how his came out.... and looked on the car.

John,

He is a member of LLSOC but I asked him for a photo and he never sent me one.

GrayGhost1 said:
John,

He is a member of LLSOC but I asked him for a photo and he never sent me one.
Well if he does could u please send me a copy. That will prob. make up my mind if I do it or not... Thanks.

John_P007 said:
Well if he does could u please send me a copy. That will prob. make up my mind if I do it or not... Thanks.

I'll email him again and ask him again.

Any word yet Ghost? I was trying to keep it around $150 or less, but it doesn't look like I will be able to if I get it painted :(

John,

No word on pics. The LSE grilles went up in price too. I guess supply and demand. I'm getting jobber costs now around $25 higher than originally quoted about 2 months ago. Lincoln is getting proud of those things.

GrayGhost1 said:
John,

No word on pics. The LSE grilles went up in price too. I guess supply and demand. I'm getting jobber costs now around $25 higher than originally quoted about 2 months ago. Lincoln is getting proud of those things.
So if I asked for it 2 months earlier I would have been closer to my $150... :( figures.

GreyGhost (Ken) Since you are offering the McLaren Grilles and capability to paint the OEM LSE grilles any color, do you have the capability to offer the LSE body kit that you are selling already painted for customers. Since the kit can be installed by oneself if one could buy the kit already painted to the color of one's choice that would be nice. I know that has held me back in buying the kit. I probabley could install myself and if not I have inquired with several resources in my area to do it, but I am finding it very difficult to get it painted. Also the trust factor of when or if you find someone for them to do a primo job. I would be interested in knowing if your painter who paints the grilles for you has the capability to paint the LSE kits and what the price would be. Please let me know. On another note, what you have done to your LS is remarkable. You have a good looking headturner there Ken.

Aviatorguy said:
GreyGhost (Ken) Since you are offering the McLaren Grilles and capability to paint the OEM LSE grilles any color, do you have the capability to offer the LSE body kit that you are selling already painted for customers. Since the kit can be installed by oneself if one could buy the kit already painted to the color of one's choice that would be nice. I know that has held me back in buying the kit. I probabley could install myself and if not I have inquired with several resources in my area to do it, but I am finding it very difficult to get it painted. Also the trust factor of when or if you find someone for them to do a primo job. I would be interested in knowing if your painter who paints the grilles for you has the capability to paint the LSE kits and what the price would be. Please let me know. On another note, what you have done to your LS is remarkable. You have a good looking headturner there Ken.

First, thanks for compliments on my car! I've got more plans. :cool:

As for the LSE Body Kit, I can get the kit through the manufacturer but I've been real hesitant to have it painted prior to shipment. There are two reasons why I'm not comfortable painting the LSE Body Kit:

1. Packaging. I don't think I could pack the body kit good enough to keep it from getting scratched up. I have thought about this quite a bit with the number of requests I get wanting it painted. Believe me, I like the mighty dollar but I don't want a unhappy customer with a $600 and up paint job all scratched up.

2. Paint Variances. When I had my LSE body kit painted there were 4 variants in my particular paint code which is TV. The painter matched the variant that matched my car and the body kit is painted to an exact match. I haven't had any problems painting the McLaren grilles to match. The painter tells me on such a small part it would not be noticiable. Actually, my first McLaren grille that's on my car now is a different variant and I can't tell the difference but the painter can. The most noticable part would be the LSE front bumper cover. If it were painted a different variant than what's on your car you would notice it.

I can't believe you can not find a body shop anywhere in your town that will paint the kit. I know the dealer will paint it. To paint this kit it would run from $600 to $900 depending on the paint shop. I was quoted $650 at one shop and then I worked out a deal with another painter to paint all of my grilles and he ended up painting my kit for around $300 which was labor only and no materials. I jumped on that deal. Anyway, I'd definitely shop around some more. Check your local Ford dealer. They would have experience in installing the body kit too.

I hope this helps!

Ken

John_P007 said:
So if I asked for it 2 months earlier I would have been closer to my $150... :( figures.

Yes it would have. Imagine my surprise when I quoted one person one price before checking and then finding out they went up. I'm thinking Ford went up on the grilles because the grilles started flying off the shelf. They are a great looking grille.

Ken you be surprised in some areas that its hard to find decent painters to paint parts or items they dont sell. The local lincoln dealer here doesnt ven have a collision department where they repair cars that have major or minor work. They source their work to independent body shops who have told me that they will not paint these items unless I would have bought them from my Lincoln dealer. I went to a local accessory shop here and I almost bought the West Wing body kit because they told me that if I bought that from them I could do two things; they could order it pre-painted from Wings West or they could paint it for me. When I mentioned that I really wanted the LSE kit that CDC used to sell and that I could buy from another vendor I asked if I had it shipped to them if they would paint it and they told me no. I guess that I will just keep searchin. I thought the variation in paint color would also have to do with how well the paint luster would be on the car itself. I figured as long as the painter would get the same color code that it should be all the same, the difficulty would be matching the old paint and the new paint that maybe could be helped on the old paint by waxing or color sanding it. Thanks for the response. Also how are you coming along with the remodification of the 2003-2004 headlamps to fit the earlier models? Also any luck on the lincoln emblems in red for the the chrome center caps on the OEM Lincoln 5 star wheels?

Aviatorguy said:
Also how are you coming along with the remodification of the 2003-2004 headlamps to fit the earlier models? Also any luck on the lincoln emblems in red for the the chrome center caps on the OEM Lincoln 5 star wheels?

I hope you find a reputable painter. They are hard to find in some areas. There is a member on LLSOC that has figured out how to retrofit the 2003 and up headlights to the 2000-2002 LS's. It's a $150 mounting bracket that Lincoln sells. You have to remove the front bumper, cut out the old mounting bracket and bolt in the new one. After that the 2003 and up headlights will work. This is good news if you want to add the OEM HID headlight kit. I'm currently working the Angel Eye Kit for the 2003 headlights. I may not have those completed until late winter. I have other things going on at my REAL job.

The supplier I get the emblems from is working on the center cap emblems. He's been slow to go on those but I'll buzz him up this week and see where he's at with those.

Members online

No members online now.
Back