2003 Lincoln LS bumper change

kurtisj4162

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just joined i have a 2003 Lincoln LS Sport.
Somebody wrecked into my car yesterday and i am wondering if a 2006 front bumper and grill would fit onto my car with no problems. Their insurance is going to repair the damage but i want them to put on the 06 bumper instead. Would this fit or would it require extra work for it to happen? Thanks 0125151649.jpg0326151358a.jpg

73bc336232_640.jpg I want my front end to look like this.

0125151649.jpg

0326151358a.jpg

73bc336232_640.jpg

I just joined i have a 2003 Lincoln LS Sport.
Somebody wrecked into my car yesterday and i am wondering if a 2006 front bumper and grill would fit onto my car with no problems. Their insurance is going to repair the damage but i want them to put on the 06 bumper instead.

Welcome to LVC........
Good luck in getting an insurance company to go above and beyond. They barely like to replace parts with new parts. They prefer to use used parts instead. You should talk to the place that is doing the work on your vehicle and see if you can schmooze them into ordering the parts you want. The insurance companies job is to restore your vehicle to the factory condition. Best of luck!

yeah when my car was wrecked, the insurance company wouldn't pay for anything like that but i talked to the guys at the shop doing the work and they would have worked something out where I really pay the difference, but with the price the insurance company was paying, it was a little too high at the time...

the parts are fully interchangeable (you will also need new fog lights and brackets too) so its really an easy swap once everything else is straightened back out.

That looks like a LOT of damage. I wouldn't be surprised if they totalled it.....

^ was just about to .... type that!

It's done! More in repair $$$'s then actual current value.

Its not totaled. just the hood and bumper need to be replaced & repainted. airbags didnt even deploy. if my car was worth $4500 i dont think reairs would even come close to that. headlights still work and everything.0326151358.jpg
Here is another picture

0326151358.jpg

Has an adjuster or repair shop even looked at it yet?

Pics seems front is pushed in, if they have to straighten it out plus replacement parts, you can easily go over the total value the insurance thinks it's worth.

Its not totaled. just the hood and bumper need to be replaced & repainted. airbags didnt even deploy. if my car was worth $4500 i dont think reairs would even come close to that. headlights still work and everything.View attachment 828472059
Here is another picture

Most insurance companies total a car when damage is 80%+ of value. Their value is much less than your value.

Just had this like exact same wreck.

Insurance was going to total my 2004 with 140K miles. I convinced adjuster to go under and am fixing the car myself.

Hood and bumper on this car is easily 2k+, then you have all the stuff like impact absorbers and the plastic stuff above bumper that adds up quickly.

You can find the 06 front bumper setup online for around 800 bucks IIRC. Just buy it and bring it to the shop you take your car to.

10543072_10102569090439132_7271153711641529194_n.jpg

My airbag went off (you got lucky). My impact was more square in center of hood, right where the impact sensor is.

Members online

No members online now.
Back