2002 lincoln ls v8 overdrive seems to be taking longer than usual to engage

What temp should my transmission be running right after driving? Just cruising, not going crazy fast what temp? Anyone know or have checked their trans temp after running? I know you can do it with a scan tool too.

20180326_160543.jpg

I believe that anything less than 200F is considered okay.
So I checked the trans fluid today.warmed car up shifted through gears put it back in park. loosened the fluid check bolt and a couple drops came out then nothing? So im guessing it was low since its supposed to have a slow consistent drip or light flow when its full right? So I put fluid in the upper fill valve or whatever it is and had fluid running out. It was coming out kind of fast I let it keep running out until it slowed down a little I only added maybe 5/8 quart Mercon v and half of that drained back out so I guess it wasnt that low or i did something wrong? Gonna check it again tomorrow. Is it worse to have a little too much trans fluid or a lil low? Which is worse.?im not talking about super overfilled

I'm going to guess that it had the correct amount before, and is a little over filled now. I think that a little over or under is the same level of badness, and just a little is not bad.

Anyone ever use royal purple synthetic trans fluid ? It says direct replacement for mercon v. 10 bucks a quart! Well anyway changed out all 11.5 quarts. she's running great had a mustang for breakfast actually! He took of before me and I still caught him! He was mad too!lol

Anyone changed inner tie rods on 2002 Ls v8 direction directons or pics would be appreciated

Members online

No members online now.
Back