2002 Lincoln ls 3.0l timing parts

1Ratchet2

LVC Member
Reaction score
First Forum I've ever joined. Glad to be here and looking forward to gaining some insight and possibly being able to help share any information that can help others!
I have a 2002 Lincoln LS 3.0. I recently acquired my Lincoln and it came with a timing chain knock by valve cover. I tore everything down to replace the chain, guides, tensioner and all parts that made sense along the way as it's a bit labor-intensive. Any input is welcome but my main question is if anybody knows where to get new guides for the timing chains?
I ordered, what sounds like, the last 2 out of 4 that are at a dealership across the whole country. The two I ordered are the ones that the tensioners go behind. I cannot find the two chain guides that are the more "straight" ones. I tried looking for replacement nylon or plastic runners for the metal base, if you will, for the guides and cannot find that either. Really don't want to put the old part back in because it's slightly pitted and feel that would be a poor decision to have all the new parts and labor just to seal it back up with two guides that may fail and be the weak link... no pun intended. Any input or help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!

Try Jaguar dealers. The same engine was used on the S-Type.

Thank you, I appreciate the help! I've tried a few with no luck because they said the part number would remain the same whether at the Ford dealership or Jaguar. The parts come up as discontinued and I can't find an after-market. My Lincoln Ford dealership did a search and found, what they told me, to be the last 3 timing chains available in the country so I'm good there. If they are right that leaves one chain for somebody to time half an engine...ha.
Just received 1 timing chain tensioner guide from one dealership and the other one is in the mail. Just have the two "Straits" to go. I did find out quickly that just because one dealership tells you you are out of luck don't give up. The next one might go the extra mile and figure something out. Thanks again!

Try Rockauto?
1635532183739.png

Thank you for the help! I tried them and ordered a couple of the parts that you have pictured there. They were not the correct ones. Some of the parts I've seen look close and I've ordered them just to find out that they are about an inch too long. Example would be the second one down on the list in your picture. I ordered it and cut my fingers crossed but no luck, had to return it. The part number isn't exact and was hoping that was an after-market thing but the part would be right. The whole number is correct for the right side guide besides the F8R in the beginning. Lincoln Ford has the part number as 1W4Z6K297CA for the right side and left side is the same besides the last two letters are BA. PartsGeek had a 2000 to 2008 Jaguar S-Type timing kit that had the correct guides that I already have that go against the tensioners but the kit stops there and there's no other guides. I also ordered replacement nylon to put on the guide and it comes too long so that results in the last connecting tab not lining up. Thank you again!

Last edited:
That does seem to look like one of them... I'm not positive. I'm hopeful because sounds like you are sure of it and I'm not too well-versed on this. I have 2 guides that I need yet one possibly being this one and the other "straight" guide. I want to attach a picture but it says file too large so I'll see what I can get to load, if any. Repeating but I have the two curved ones that go against the tensioners already. Looking for a part number and something to go off of to call Jaguar if that's what I need to do. Thank you again

20211021_131002.jpg

20211021_131011.jpg

3EFAB17E-D830-4CC0-9F4C-DE82183FE820.jpeg
049C6010-2308-4F16-AED7-AAB42943E609.jpeg
1999-2002 JV6 “AJ60” (your engine) vs 2003 and later JV6 “AJ62” with vcti units

rockauto list the wrong parts because they think your engine is a duratec 30 out of a taurus/escape/etc.

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct! Thank you so very much for helping me out with the second to last part I need! The picture you have with the whole kit... The guide in the upper left darn near looks like I could possibly take and cut that extra bit off, unless it separates somehow and I can't see it in the picture, and that would come close to matching for the other side. Or am I looking at that completely wrong? Also, you're saying that the part that you showed me at RockAuto would be the correct one just so I got that right?

You are absolutely correct! Thank you so very much for helping me out with the second to last part I need! The picture you have with the whole kit... The guide in the upper left darn near looks like I could possibly take and cut that extra bit off, unless it separates somehow and I can't see it in the picture, and that would come close to matching for the other side. Or am I looking at that completely wrong? Also, you're saying that the part that you showed me at RockAuto would be the correct one just so I got that right?
all the parts off rockauto are wrong because it thinks you have a duratec (taurus and escape) engine instead of the jaguar v6.

you can buy the guides attached to the 03+ vcti solenoid housing for a little over 2 bucks, they just clip in. it may fit with some modification. part C2C8279

Last edited:
You think those would work for the left on the right? I'm willing to give it a try. Thank you for all your time and help!

Tried ordering (nylon/plastic runner piece) from Jaguar and received an email today saying the order was canceled due to discontinued part.
Wasn't looking to have all new parts besides two pieces of important plastic but just may because I'm not having much luck...

I did end up finally getting all the parts I needed and successfully getting the job done. Thank you for all the help!

Members online

No members online now.
Back