2002 lincoln blackwood

E

ERIC1

ok boys(and girls) does any body have this thing? can anyone send me pics of it interior? does anyone know anything about it? does anyone like it?anyone besides me think it would be cool to have just to have it?
Eric

ERIC1 said:
ok boys(and girls) does any body have this thing? can anyone send me pics of it interior? does anyone know anything about it? does anyone like it?anyone besides me think it would be cool to have just to have it?
Eric
It's one of Fords biggest flops!!! TERRIBLE marketing VERY UNuseful and impractical. Its a Navigator with the back cut off. They TRIED to RAPE people with these in the beginning, then the Public responded with a BIG F U!!! More money for less truck? and I cant even throw lumber in the bed cause its all pretty and showy? Gimme a break. What a rip job that WAS.

it all maters what u want if u want somthin just for show that will never really get put to use then go for it but if it was up to me then i would get a navigator first or id get the harley davidson f-150 b4 i got the blackwood

i've only seen one person driving a blackwood in my city. It's been in the store here a few times getting some work done to it.

I agree, a big flop. Much rather have an F-150 like my dad's (2005 F-150 Supercrew. Black on black... it's BAD!

Like they said a huge flop. I have only seen 1 and it was for sale the end of last year at the local Dodge dealership. To make things wrose not only did it have an unusable pick-up bed, it only came in 2 wheel drive. The back bed cover didn't lift all the way up either. So if you had stuff in the bed it better be near the tailgate doors.

I've only seen 2 driving around. And when I think about it, I bet it was the same one both times.

:I I actually think the Blackwood is really sweet. Just because it's a truck, dosen't mean that you'd have to haul things with it or go 4-wheelin' in it.

Randeaux said:
:I I actually think the Blackwood is really sweet. Just because it's a truck, dosen't mean that you'd have to haul things with it or go 4-wheelin' in it.

Just lower it and put some dubs on it and it would be a sweet ride. I want one and still want one!

I guess that as the only Blackwood owner that posts to this forum ( I think) I should weigh in and say something. First of all, if you NEED a pickup truck, this is not for you. The bed is impractical for hauling lumber, totally useless. You can't even tie a sheet of plywood to the roof like you could with a Mark VIII :rolleyes:
HOWEVER.....If you want something in a truck that is EXTREMELY comfortable to drive, with really nice leather seats (heated and air conditioned), a killer sound system, power moon roof,along with every other imaginable option,a trick suspension, a 300 hp. engine that does OK stock but comes alive with a few mods, you might want to take another look.
It turns heads at every stoplight. People cross the street to see the power toneau work. The bed fits everything that I've needed to haul so far, and if you want to see something funny, watch the look that the truck gets when you open the bed at night and the fiber optic lights light up the stainless steel body panels,Oh, by the way, it has plenty of balls to tow any boat.
Guess what. Since only 2500 or so hit the streets, there is a better than average chance that it will be worth more than a "real" 02 SUV down the road.
Like my 'Wood just fine thanks. :Beer

Hi Eric, Yes I have one and I love my little truck. There are plenty of photos online (google) of both exterior and interior. They were/are all the same inside and out, mostly. I added step rails to mine, because I am vertically challenged. I was a Lincoln Mark VIII owner, loved that car!! Got an email notice of the Blackwood from Lincoln when it was just a concept vehicle. I really liked the way it looked. When they hit the market in early 2002, my local dealership had 4 of them. I test drove one the first week they were there. Loved it. But, didn't like my dealerships 10k over MSRP pricetag. 6 months later all 4 still there, they happily took my low ball offer and I took my new truck home.

I haul my horses with it, it's been my daily driver and 'farm' truck since it was new. It's dirty, gets muddy. It's been well loved and well used.

I'll add I just turned over 188k miles, everything is still all original. It's time for new suspension though, air still works, is really noisy, but works.

It's one of Fords biggest flops!!! TERRIBLE marketing VERY UNuseful and impractical. Its a Navigator with the back cut off. They TRIED to RAPE people with these in the beginning, then the Public responded with a BIG F U!!! More money for less truck? and I cant even throw lumber in the bed cause its all pretty and showy? Gimme a break. What a rip job that WAS.

I agree with you buddy. I bought one of this and got disappointed at the end.

Members online

Back