2001 V8 Reverse lights

g.warren84

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I would like to upgrade to brighter reverse lights but the manual says "dealer install". Is there any reason for this?

That would be a 6 on the pain-o-meter.

I've always hated pulling the trunk liner off. Other than that, it should be easy.

This is super easy. I got my trunk liner down right now as we speak because I was checking the condition of my tail lights. As you can see in the picture once you get the liner down they are right there in your face.

SDC11244.jpg

I would like to make mine brighter as well. It's kinda dark with tinted windows and tinted lenses :shifty:. What bulbs are you going to replace them with? i.e. what fits in the socket plug n' play

I would like to make mine brighter as well. It's kinda dark with tinted windows and tinted lenses :shifty:. What bulbs are you going to replace them with? i.e. what fits in the socket plug n' play

I'll just go with silver stars 3157ST.

I put LEDs in mine and they are very bright. I also have 5% film on all the windows.

I hate those pins they use to hold the trunk liner up, they are a pain to take off and you damage them when you do. I just tore them all off and put in those pics with the screw in the center. It is so much easier now and painless to get in there.

+1 on the LED's.I have tint all around, 5% in the rears, medical reason's, so I just installed a reverse camera, very helpful at night

I just put in some Sylvania ERD halogen bulbs. They're for an overhead projector. They fit in the gen II reverse light socket (921 bulb). I read about them on a Dodge Magnum forum I think.

921 is 1.4 amp, ERD is 2.5 amp. They aren't crazy bright but certainly a step up I think :cool:
Supposedly the ERF bulb also fits, but that is 3.6 amp which seemed too risky.

I tried to take a picture with my phone after installing only the left side but it didn't come out so great.
Oh and my lights are tinted red in case you were confused by the color ;)

photo.jpg

holy sh!t, 60 bucks for a pair of 3157 bulbs....wow

but those are something like i would put in the corners after i removed the ambers

Yea they are expensive. Its crazy how much bulbs cost.

But i also have the amber LED bulbs in all the signals. Also expensive. But nice!

Now if only we cwn figure out the tails!!!

Owlman you tjnted them red? Matches the LSE tails? Daytime pics plz.

I just bought some 3157 off ebay and they don't fit. What the crap! I've got a gen II. I read on Sylvania that they're 3157's and I pulled out the old light bulb just now and it looks a lot smaller than the new LED's. I heard someone say a 921, those fit 194's, similar to the int. ones right? I just tried 194 and they fit... :q:q:q:q I just looked at the ones Andrizzle has.. CRAP I bought the wrong ones. :Bang

Yea the Sulvania reference bulb chart for our car is a joke... Alot of errors on it

Those ones you have look like some monsters! Are they crazy bright? For 60 they should. They look like the highest wattage 192's I could find anywhere.

Members online

Back