2001 LS rear brake trouble

NAV421

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey, new guy here. Just wanted to say this is a great site.

I just installed new rear rotors and pads on my 2001 ls and now the car drives like the brakes are stuck on. I turned the caliper pistons in with the "special" tool and replaced the pads. Does anybody know if there is something I forgot to do? I though maybe the calipers were sticking but it seems odd for both of them to go bad at once. If anybody has any information to help I would be very thankfull.

kinda sounds normal.

The LS wears it's rear brakes out quicker as the traction control is constantly using them.

NAV421 said:
Hey, new guy here. Just wanted to say this is a great site.

I just installed new rear rotors and pads on my 2001 ls and now the car drives like the brakes are stuck on. I turned the caliper pistons in with the "special" tool and replaced the pads. Does anybody know if there is something I forgot to do? I though maybe the calipers were sticking but it seems odd for both of them to go bad at once. If anybody has any information to help I would be very thankfull.

You may have to make sure the slot on the piston is lined up correcty. I did that mistake on my Mustang. I have not done my LS yet though.

I found the problem, the caliper slide was froze up and forced the inside pad against the rotor.

Members online

No members online now.
Back