2001 Lincoln LS code P0193

shoot, I can't remember how long I've had my 03 (seems like 6 or 7 years) but the first thing I did was change the fuel filter. I couldn't believe the brown sludge that came out of it... can pretty much bet it was original!

Or Loud and I will do the work for 2K (each)

I changed the fuel filter several times already, just the last time (before this time) when I did it I apparently bought the wrong one and my mechanic installed his own brand - which apparently didn't even last 3,000 miles.

Oh well, drove it on the highway today and it drove like a dream.

OK so bad news, the code came back and it was driving like crap again today. It seems to happen only when the car is at normal operating temperature and at speeds over 50 MPH. Any other suggestions on what to check out or should I have the sensor replaced? I can hear a faint whistle from what seems to be coming from the injector area... maybe an injector or the rail or somewhere near there, not sure if that's normal.

... I can hear a faint whistle from what seems to be coming from the injector area... maybe an injector or the rail or somewhere near there, not sure if that's normal.

That's likely to be an air (vacuum) leak. It could be the fuel pressure sensor itself, or something in the vacuum plumbing to the sensor.

That's likely to be an air (vacuum) leak. It could be the fuel pressure sensor itself, or something in the vacuum plumbing to the sensor.

Ok, this weekend I will check out the lines again. I looked at the EGR piping to the sensor and it seemed fine. The shroud was a little jacked up but the red line itself seemed fine, I couldn't see any cracks or anything and didn't feel any air coming from it. The whistle SEEMS to be coming from the passenger side rail but I'm going to analyze it further on Saturday. Thanks Joe.

Ok, this weekend I will check out the lines again. I looked at the EGR piping to the sensor and it seemed fine. The shroud was a little jacked up but the red line itself seemed fine, I couldn't see any cracks or anything and didn't feel any air coming from it. The whistle SEEMS to be coming from the passenger side rail but I'm going to analyze it further on Saturday. Thanks Joe.

Any updates?? I am getting a PO193 code.. Guess I will start with fuel filter?

Members online

Back