2001 Lincoln LS code P0193

johnnieboy13

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody. New to this Lincoln forum. I'm a Cadillac owner and always went to another site for my caddy problems. Now I have a 2001 Lincoln LS V8 and its throwing the P0193 fuel Pressure high output code. Just need to kno whats the common problems with this code and how to fix it. The car is running really roughly like it would if it needed a motor mount and I smell gas when its running with the hood up. Any help and advice would be great. Thanks alot.

i would say fuel pressure cut out is bad means fuel pump or could be fuel pressure regulator or a vac line my 3 guesses

Sorry for the thread resurrection but I'm using my phone as I'm in court unfortunately and this was one of two threads I was able to find. The other night while driving home on the highway I experienced what I thought was a misfire. The car shuttered hard and lost power. I kept driving it assuming bad coils. My coils are visteons replaced about 65k ago so they're due. Kept driving got a check engine light. Ordered new coils and plugs. Got the code pulled and it's p0193. I have an 04 v8. What are the causes of this - is it the fuel rail sensor? I'm going to change all the coils and plugs on Saturday anyway but if I must replace other parts I will. The car has a severe loss of power and hesitation still especially over 50mph

Now that I'm at a computer, I was able to search it out a bit and find a Joe post saying this:

Well, bad gas wouldn't cause that code.
I'd start with a good look at the connector (both the sensor end and the cable end). If nothing turns up there, connect a mechanical fuel gauge and compare its readings with live fuel pressure readings from a scan tool. If the pressure is really wrong, replace the filter and then the fuel pump if the problem remains. If the mechanical gauge and the live readings don't agree, then replace the pressure sensor.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where the sensor is located and what it looks like so I can check it out? Thx!

Now that I'm at a computer, I was able to search it out a bit and find a Joe post saying this:

Can anyone point me in the direction of where the sensor is located and what it looks like so I can check it out? Thx!

Here.......

s6x~us~en~file=n0004814.gif

s6x~us~en~file=n0004814.gif

Thanks bud, is that on the driverside or passenger side, rear or front of engine? And I am assuming its #1?

Looks like the front, passenger side. That looks like the TB lower, right of the picture....

1 14A464 Fuel pressure sensor electrical connector (part of 12B637)
2 9E499 Fuel pressure sensor vacuum tube
3 — Fuel pressure sensor bolt (2 required)
4 9F972 Fuel pressure sensor
5 — O-ring seal

Thanks again, I'm going to check it out in full on Saturday and replace the coils/plugs while I'm at it.

BTW, the vacuum line that goes to the fuel pressure sensor is part of the bundle of hard lines that go there and to the EGR assembly. Those lines are known to crack and turn to dust if you look at them wrong.

BTW, the vacuum line that goes to the fuel pressure sensor is part of the bundle of hard lines that go there and to the EGR assembly. Those lines are known to crack and turn to dust if you look at them wrong.

Thanks Joe. I'll check those out at well. It's definitely something causing it to drive terribly, worse then when I had a flashing CEL and due to two bad coils. I also ordered a fuel filter even though I changed it about 6 months ago, I guess it doesn't hurt to change it again.

Thanks Joe. I'll check those out at well. It's definitely something causing it to drive terribly, worse then when I had a flashing CEL and due to two bad coils. I also ordered a fuel filter even though I changed it about 6 months ago, I guess it doesn't hurt to change it again.

Forgot about that. That happened to me a while (year or so) ago. I just went to Napa and bought some connectors and vacuum line. IIRC, repair was less than $20.....
P9032446.jpg
P9032447.jpg
P9032448.jpg
P9032449.jpg

P9032446.jpg

P9032447.jpg

P9032448.jpg

P9032449.jpg

Ty for posting pics ! That really helps me a lot. I assume that piece showing is the fuel pressure sensor? Will be a fun Saturday putting on my new summer wheels doing the fuel filter. Coils. Plugs. And messing with these lines!

Ty for posting pics ! That really helps me a lot. I assume that piece showing is the fuel pressure sensor? Will be a fun Saturday putting on my new summer wheels doing the fuel filter. Coils. Plugs. And messing with these lines!

My pleasure!!!!!! That's the EGR in pic #1 and I believe that is the sensor in pic #3.

I am excited to take this on tomorrow and have one more question open for opinions. Three - four months ago, I changed the fuel filter. Now what happened was I ordered it off amazon, it came in and when I went to my mechanic to get the oil changed he told me it was the wrong filter. He showed me it wouldn't fit, it was too large. He told me he could get the right filter in 30 mins and it would only cost me an additional $20. So I said to do it, since it cost me $13 but I would have to wait for shipping. He changed it but afterwards I realized it was some off-brand filter... I've never even HEARD of the brand before. I drove it for three to four months and had no issues, until this week. Do you guys think it could be something so simple as this garbage fuel filter acting up? I ordered the motorcraft one and it's being delivered today so I'm going to do it anyway, just curious to your opinions.

One more question, I was searching through some threads for the fuel line disconnect tool and saw some posts saying it's really cheap and all, which is great news. Dumb question : Do I just walk into advance auto/napa/whatever and ask for a "ford fuel line disconnect tool?"

One more question, I was searching through some threads for the fuel line disconnect tool and saw some posts saying it's really cheap and all, which is great news. Dumb question : Do I just walk into advance auto/napa/whatever and ask for a "ford fuel line disconnect tool?"

Do you have a Harbor Freight near you?? They have the whole kit (A/C & Fuel) pretty for not too much.

I apologize for the non stop questions regarding something relatively simple but I have more questions lol. I was going to replace the fuel filter tonight so I have one less thing to do tomorrow but it turns out the garbage mechanic didn't even put the r clips back on. Instead he zip tied the filter on. I went to autozone and got 3/8" r clips but my questions is how do I install them? Is it as simple as I think it is? Put the filter on the lines and r clips them on?

Secondly. I checked out the one vacuum line going to the fuel pressure sensor and where black (I assume electrical tape) was it's now unwind and I can see a red portion of the tube exposed. Is this normal? Should I retape it? If a pic will help I'll upload one.

Had same code fixed my sensor 580 $ then tells me timing chain 4k

Update: work complete... finished all 8 coils, plugs and fuel filter. The fuel filter I removed rattled like a paint can. As soon as I started the car the check engine light was gone!

update: Work complete... Finished all 8 coils, plugs and fuel filter. The fuel filter i removed rattled like a paint can. As soon as i started the car the check engine light was gone!

Bravo!!!!!!!!

I keep telling people "FUEL FILTERS"

So many newly acquired LS'es with original fuel filters, YUCK!!!

if your mechanic is telling you 4K to replace the timing chains, you need to find a different place to go.

Members online

Back