2001 Lincoln ls 3.9 water pump

The reason I ask is I was looking at a v6 and the coolant fill valve and other plastic pieces look the same. Are those interchangeable?
20180416_174701.jpg
20180416_163527.jpg

The first pic is my v8 and the second pic is a v6. Are the two plastic pieces I have circled in red interchangeable?

You have two pictures V8s there. The V6 and V8 cooling system do not share any parts, and are not similar at all.

Oh ok. I took the pic from a junkyard and I just went solely based on what they had on the windshield. They had it labeled a v6. Well thanks.

Oops, forgot. The degas bottle is the same for the V6 as the V8, but I'm sure that's the only cooling system part that is.

Oh ok. I took the pic from a junkyard and I just went solely based on what they had on the windshield. They had it labeled a v6. Well thanks.
Yeah looks like it's ready ....good and cooked from the inside...mine turned brown also ...I would suggest running as fast and far away from that Pick and Pull V8 in the second pic ...go with the 2001 Euro Jag S-type aluminum T-Stat housing ...make sure to use MotorCraft Thermostat in it if you decide to replace ...you never know when that plastic crap will become dysfunctional and after changing this T-Stat housing you'll never want to do it again ...all my best

Yeah looks like it's ready ....good and cooked from the inside...mine turned brown also ...I would suggest running as fast and far away from that Pick and Pull V8 in the second pic ...go with the 2001 Euro Jag S-type aluminum T-Stat housing ...make sure to use MotorCraft Thermostat in it if you decide to replace ...you never know when that plastic crap will become dysfunctional and after changing this T-Stat housing you'll never want to do it again ...all my best
Ok thanks for advise. You know of a good spot to buy the aluminum jag part for cheap?

Ok thanks for advise. You know of a good spot to buy the aluminum jag part for cheap?
This is one of the luxuries of having a Gen 1 Lincoln LS you can have the T-Stat housing aluminum unlike the Gen 2 which I believe is stuck with plastic without any other option

As I am sure you see, everyone details about replace all the old parts in 1 shot. I will dissent on one thing though - when I got my gen 1 I did that and since I hadnt found a reliable independent yet, I had the dealership do it with the Uro Housing (which they hate but couldnt argue its better). The New Motorcraft thermostat didnt last even six months. After several tries to get them to solve the issue (my new indie had all ready eliminated any other possibility) They would not honor the 2 year warranty 'since it is not throwing a code'. Never going back again, and the STANT Superstat my indie then put in is still going strong going on the second year, and seems to cool the car better probably a little more flow..

I also recommend the URO degas bottle, but that is only listed as a JAG S part, not a lincoln, but is the same.

Wow that's awesome. That's actually cheaper than the plastic ones I've seen. Thanks man
Yes hands down one of the best mods you can do for your Gen 1 why Ford/Lincoln didn't use this from the start is beyond my understanding ...there may have been a reason but the only reason I can think of using common sense is that they wanted to make money on plastic replacement parts...anyway if you have any questions about replacing this part Rigs has a text book thread on LVC you can check out it helped me greatly ...if I can assist you in anyway just give me a holler ....all my best

Members online

No members online now.
Back