2000LSV8 rear subframe

My ls would be long time gone if lsvc didn't exist.. very thankful guys lol.

I placed the order for the bushings, the bolts and the rear Moog anti-sway bar bushings.
I will update the thread when I receive the order and will get down to it and take it apart.

The bolts were seized ... they were turning a little but very hard using a 3 foot cheater bar so I didn't want to risk snapping them .
So
The past weeks I've taken my rear seats out , used my grinder and made two square cuts on on each side of the body and I found the top of the threaded sleeves and I kept putting some Pb blaster like you guys mentioned.. boom it worked really well I went and tried to unscrew one of them yesterday just to make sure and they unscrewed just fine with little resistance.

Oh and theres always something.. my two month old rear bearings are shot. Not sure if the place I got it pressed in that messed it up but they bent the side metal ring seals so obviously the grease washed off. They were cheap bearings but it probably didnt help. Going to try some timkens and at another shop

Last edited:
got my rear sway bar bushings a week ago and just got the two URO c2c31256 bushings today with two new c2z2226 bolts.
I hope the bushings fit, the bottom seems different from the front rears on the subframe but that doesnt bother me as long as they fit, I will keep the thread updated on how the job goes thx all
*incoming cloud of rust dust**

UPDATE : bushings are too big I should of just paid extra for the real ones. too bad they were only 220 for both

IMG_20220606_115217308.jpg

IMG_20220606_115217308.jpg

IMG_20220606_115228493~2.jpg

Last edited:
bushings were to big and the correct xr jag ones i can get for 450CAD kinda pricey anyoneknow if this fit the ls 2000 or any source to cheaper xr bushes or a whole sub looked everywhere but seen a few and it says its long gone..
would be cool if someone on this website had one for sale id pay shipping.
where im from there are no ls near any junkyard ive went to

Last edited:
bushings were to big and the correct xr jag ones i can get for 450CAD kinda pricey anyoneknow if this fit the ls 2000 or any source to cheaper xr bushes or a whole sub looked everywhere but seen a few and it says its long gone..
would be cool if someone on this website had one for sale id pay shipping.
where im from there are no ls near any junkyard ive went to
i guess just get the whole sub from a gen 2 s-type and then put your old knuckles on it. check car-part.com and call junkyards nationwide

pretty rare failure at least on gen 2. both my jags have 200k mi and no play there. i don’t know if a URO part would make it as far lol

been looking cant find any and what do you mean by old knuckles

yeah I know lol I misread your post i thought you said to buy some but they the same will check on car-parts thx ajv8

Last edited:
yeah lol , when I bought the ls they had messed with the rear subframe and they replaced the bolts with long threaded rods that were about 3 inches from the ground and just happened to bottom out..

I wanted to cut them shorter way before that happened because i knew what happened could happen but there was not enough threads left.

I recently put the correct bolts on there.
yeah the bushings had some play but that long ass threaded rod they put on didnt help when it hit the pavement, I always speed on the road where it happened and it never hit the ground before, but I had r55 235 tires then and when it happened I had 235r45s on ...
it left a huge scratch about 2 foot long almost a half inch into the pavement

Last edited:
image.jpg
Is this anything your needing. It’s brand new I was about to list it for sale. Has 7 miles on it garage kept til last week I had to move it to driveway.

Members online

Back