2000 Town Car Smashed By Police

yellow Town car, thats sick. anyways maybe its the spark plugs fo the misfiring issuse

She is also running hotter than before as well. The Misfire thing is most noticeable at the 60km/hr mark, but is not generating any codes for a service engine lamp. It only happens when I am maintaining speed, not when accelerating or slowing down.

Could be an air pocket. have it burped again. These care are super sensitive to air in the cooling system.

As to not being able to prove some of the repairs are related. This is true. I do some work for a law office and see this stuff all the time. High mileage vehicles get a bad rap on these claims. Most people wont fight for what is right, they just wan their autos back.

When my E150 was rear ended (drivers side rear 1/4 impact at the wheel adnd the rear end. The other company refused to pay for my trashed differential - blaming high mileage (only 125K - come on it's just breakin' in) as the cause. After I proved I not only kept up to date on the the fluid changes - I had the entire rear inspected by a mechanic who advised the failure was a direct result of the axle shaft being pushed out of speck causing undue stress on the wheel bearings causing the bearings to fail and this failure put metal debris in the fluid which then caused the rear to fail. It was a pain in the arse to get a mechanic to do this but it saved me $1000. The stupid part was the insurance already replaced the rim - both rear tires, brake shoes, hardware, rear shocks and rear brake lines as they were crushed - go figure.

Ouch!!!

Ouch!!!

Well, I'm clocking in at 546,000 Km now.
Misfire still happening, now always #3.
Fuel System was tested on advice of 1 Mechanic I know.
Pressure fine when misfire occurs.
Coil pack wiring all trouble shooted...Fine.
All the previous stuff too.

Now here's wat got me really mad::mad:
I went to #%!&*@$@! Ford Mercury Lincoln Service Dept.....
The guy says "We don't take on other people's projects.":D
:confused: :mad: WTF?
It's a Lincoln! That's why I'm here!
"How much money do you want to spend?"
:confused: You're kidding right? As little as possible or I would be in the showroom instead of here....
He says: "Well it could cost anywhere from 2 to 8 Thousand dollars."
Funny that he already has a bottem line of $2,000 I'm thinking.
"Leave it with us over the weekend and we will have it done by 5 on Monday or first thing on Tuesday."
I'm sorry, I can't leave it that long, 2 people's income depend on this car all weekend. Can I book an appointment for Monday?
"Well, bring it in first thing Monday and we might get it done by Wednesday or Thursday."
:eek: Can't do it for that long...:confused:

Now what the hell am I gonna do?

Oh yeah, it finally died

I forgot to mention it on here.
2000 Signature Series Lincoln Towncar finally died Aug. 2007.
She had 679,000 km on ORIGINAL MOTOR & TRANSMISSION!:eek:
R.I.P. Siggy, I miss you.

I'm on my second Executive L Series Towncar now.:confused:
They don't seem to be tough enough to last as long.:(

Members online

No members online now.
Back