2000 ls wont crank

mjp1080

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a ls v6 with 130,000mi and it wont start. It was parked for a month, the battery went dead and now when the key is turned on everything comes on, gauges work but the starter wont kick. The pats light does flash quickly when key is in start position, but I dont know what that means. Swapped relays, fuses, tapped starter and still nothing kicks over. Any help appreciated, thanks

It takes more current to turn over a engine then lighting up gages.

Your battery is weak, get a charge.

If the battery is original or old, time to replace.

Double check the wire connections on the starter for tightness and check the negative connection from the battery to the body, especially where it connects to the body, a known problem area.

Guys, if the PATS light is flashing, then that is what is stopping the starter from being engaged. There is no need to look further.
Have you tried more than one key? (Make sure only one is near the key switch at a time.)

I checked all three keys and none of them work. How do I get this thing to recognise the keys, are we talking a trip to the dealership or can I do this myself?

I have heard that on some Ford cars (I don't know if it applies to the LS) that you may need to turn the key to the run position and leave it there for thirty seconds or so for it to resync. I guess after that you turn it off and then try to start the car.

Is the PATS light flashing out a code?
If so, what is it?

I'd try what joegr said about the resync. I've been having the same issues, but haven't seen the PATS light flashing. I did the resync thing and it's been okay so far (I'll have problems now since I mentioned it)

Members online

No members online now.
Back