2000 LS V8 Rear shocks

It's possible to use Bilstein, not sure about that particular model or not, but you need some other parts also, there's a few threads about it, try a search. I opted to spend a quarter of the amount of money required for that and went with kybs instead, but they definitely are not sport shocks, better than blown factory ones though!

Typically... the Bilstein B4 shocks are black. The B6 shocks are yellow.

The green ones are for an electronic suspension... and will NOT work on the LS.

If you click on the link at the bottom of post #3... you will have the option of searching by year, make, and model.

Type in 2002 Jaguar S- Type, and it should give the same part numbers I provided.

Search by engine size too. It might make a difference.

Last edited:
Don't thank me yet. :/

When you get the rears installed... you will notice that the front end will drive " noseheavy/sluggish"... and the back end may want to "come around on you" if driving hard, or in rainy conditions.

You really need to do all 4 corners at one time for "balanced" handling.

Thing about that is... The front LS springs won't fit on the front Bilstein shocks. The bottom diameter of the LS spring is smaller than the Bilstein spring mount.

It gets more complicated. Since the LS front spring won't fit the Bilstein shock... that means you need to buy Jaguar S-type springs.

The thing about that is... the Jag springs are progressive rate springs... and ride/handle differently.

So if you convert the front of the LS to Jag springs (in ordrr to install the Bilsteins)... then you will need to do the same to the rear.

So just installing Bilstein shocks on the rear is going to open up a can of worms... and become alot more expensive.

To do it right... it will cost you $250-300 a corner.

+99999 on the info.
I see,, I usually skip labour by doing most of the work myself but I think im gonna stick with factory shocks if possible.
are the Stock LS v8 Sport shocks still available?

No they are not. Haven't been available for years. Most OEM Ford/Motorcraft shocks (base , Sport, Euro) are all NLA.

If you have a spring compressor... and know the potentially lethal dangers of using it, then give it a shot.

However... I would recommend having a quality shop assemble the springs an coilover shocks for a nominal fee.

You wouldn't think it would be that hard for Bilstein to make a few thousand of the right ones, people would buy them for sure

And in the past I have tried to get manufacturers to do limited production runs.

It's either not worth their time...or is prohibitively expensive.

It's only ever worked out for me once... and that was when I threw the "20 year parts agreement" in their face. (Onan crankshaft).

go to the junkyard pick up a set of 4 00-02 s-type v8 struts. bilstein shocks are the best. mine have 220k on them they’re still working great.

bilstein will rebuild the non adaptive ones for like 70 a piece. you can get soft shocks off a non sport s-type, send them in and they can upgrade them to sport (b4) harder (b6) or super stiff (b8) standard

Last edited:
go to the junkyard pick up a set of 4 s-type v8 struts. bilstein shocks are the best. mine have 220k on them they’re still working great.

bilstein will rebuild the non adaptive ones for like 70 a piece. you can get soft shocks off a non sport s-type, send them in and they can upgrade them to sport (b4) harder (b6) or super stiff (b8) standard
Wished I had known that before i threw mine in the dumpster, lol

Wished I had known that before i threw mine in the dumpster, lol
i don’t think the LS ones are made by them. sometimes they throw a fit about original equipment stamped shocks (jaguar bmw etc) and refuse to service them as well

i don’t think the LS ones are made by them. sometimes they throw a fit about original equipment stamped shocks (jaguar bmw etc) and refuse to service them as well
Ah, you said s type, missed that part. Right on, might have to check that out someday, good tip!

Members online

No members online now.
Back