2000 LS question

jcavz24x

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Today I found a good looking v6 LS with 21,000 miles for $14k. I am considering buying it but am wondering about the PCM reprogram for the early models. Assuming it was not reprogrammed, the car is out of warranty. Is that something they will still do at a lincoln dealer? The reason I ask is, the LM dealer didnt seem to know much about it. The car is also labeled as "certified"

any help is good..

Chris

ahh..I noticed johnny answered that in my other post...

still open for tips though :gr_hail:

Chris,

The dealer can pull the Oasis report on your LS to see if it's had the latest and greatest re-flash. Also, if you are buying the LS from a Lincoln dealer sometimes they'll preform what is called an After Warranty Adjustment (AWA). They are allowed, I believe, two AWA's per vehicle but don't quote me on that. Also, when you are negotiating to buy it use that as a deal breaker if that's a big concern for you. Re-flashing the PCM is not that big of a deal for the dealer. If you get the LS you'll definitely love it. I've had my '01 for 3 years and LOVE IT!

I dont think this one has a cd player. Is there RCA outs on the radio or wires for a 6 disc? I noticed on ones without cd players there is a cd button even when there is nothing in the glove box or trunk.

There's gotta be something, I just bought mine (2000 V8) and it has a 6-disc changer in the trunk that's obviously aftermarket. I control it with the factory stereo controls.

Dutch said:
There's gotta be something, I just bought mine (2000 V8) and it has a 6-disc changer in the trunk that's obviously aftermarket. I control it with the factory stereo controls.

I had my dealer mount my factory (Clarion) changer in the trunk.

I dont think this one has a cd player. Is there RCA outs on the radio or wires for a 6 disc? I noticed on ones without cd players there is a cd button even when there is nothing in the glove box or trunk.

There is a wiring harness for the cd changer. It is a Ford part and splices into the factory harness. Check ebay for in-dash changers......

Dutch said:
There was four choices - all factory:
Alpine Cassette
Alpine in-dash 6CD changer
non-Alpine Cassette
non-Alpine w/remote CD changer (I thought is was in the glove box - but maybe some were in the trunk)

All the harnesses are OE - but look are these:
  • Harness to connect an aftermarket head unit to existing LS wiring = Parts Express part number 265-610, Metra part number 70-1771.
  • Harness to connect factory LS standard head unit to another car = Parts Express part number 265-653, Metra part number 71-1771.
  • The PIE FRDN-AUX Auxiliary Input Converter adds standard RCA jacks to CD2 input on the Alpine head http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/piefrdnaux.html

Quik LS said:
There was four choices - all factory:
Alpine Cassette
Alpine in-dash 6CD changer
non-Alpine Cassette
non-Alpine w/remote CD changer (I thought is was in the glove box - but maybe some were in the trunk)

My '00 (DOB: 4/99) has the Alpine cassette w/ 6-CD changer in the glove box and subs/amp in the rear deck. I'm pretty sure this is the "premium" or "audiophile" system that was available. IIRC, they moved the changer to the trunk in later years to make more room in the glove box.

Mine is the non-Alpine, and all the literature I have says the factory changer was mounted in the glove compartment. My changer is a Pioneer, and the installation definately does not look factory. Dealer, maybe, but it doesn't look terribly professional.

Members online

No members online now.
Back