2000 ls new to me

lincoln ls_250k

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so i got this 2000 ls about a week ago, 3.9l v8 dark green w gold interior 246k

i got a really good deal on this ls, the car was starting and u could drive it but not street worthy

i have so far replaced the following

A/c compressor (pulley when off track due to bearing failure) instld a used compressor

new gates belt (old belt snapped due to compressor failure)

8 newish bosh 4 prong spark plugs (installed 8 new motorcraft plugs)

8 coils patched from hell they had tape and o rings on them to keep oil from getting down the hole ((installed some used motorcrafts i had at my shop)

car still needs much work but its driving incredible i can still feel a miss every once in a while i know one of the coils is acting up but no codes yet

The motor seems to be in healthy shape, it desperately needs the valve cover gaskets replaced which i got today and will be installing very soon

trans shifts great after looking at the car on the lift i noticed the torque converted painted blue so the trans must have been rebuilt at some point

the shocks on the car are gone, i got a set of used ones that i will installing soon

i had a 02 ls back in the day that i loved till the it got totaled.

Highest mileage I've encountered on an LS to date.

Impressive. Best of luck with getting it all fixed up! Lucky that the trans was rebuilt, that would have been a biggy. Hopefully they replaced the solenoid pack while they were rooting around in there.

I'm a good auto tech miles don't scare me

i have a 02 3.9 motor w 130k waiting on a corner of my shop for when the one in it goes boom

I would replace all those used parts with new. That could easily be your problem.

yep, cant skimp out on the COPs, they'll haunt you forever... Good luck... I hope the car was free with that many miles and problems :D

Welcome.:) Glad to see the LS ended up in good hands. Seems you really have it under control. Keep us up to speed on your progress.

Any mods planned for it? Or keeping it stcok?

well so i did a bit of driving today the car is back to beast mode does 80mph in a heartbeat the motor is tuned right but i can hear a chain making a bit of noise so i will probably replace the tensioner and re-time if needed, i will be installing new valve cover gaskets on it as well as the ones on the car as w every other ls leaks oil into the plug hole,

all and all the car is in good shape, drives and responds like a lincoln ls.

pic

here is the back end

lincoln 2.JPG

i love the color too, the heater is not working ill be looking into it sometime this week

need to have the glass tinted asap

As a member who went over 200,000 miles with my original engine, I am very pleased to see one on the road with the mileage you have. I am rooting for you in a big way.

If you want your LS engine to last then make sure it NEVER runs low on oil, don't be afraid of using a thicker weight oil either when you get lots of miles on it.

I blew the engine of a 02 ls v8 I had a few years back with low miles that car prob had 85k miles
One day i was driving it and stepped on it hard with low oil on the engine it spun a bearing and developed a nasty rod knock i wasnt car savvy at the time =[

overheating it doesn't help much either, so keep an eye on the cooling system.

While valid, those are commonly understood practices with any car....not just the LS. Running old oil is a no go with the LS because of the plastic tensioners which are part of the timing system. Sludge puts a lot of stress on them and they tend to break and cause problems.

couple good write ups on headlight resto's when you start in on the cosmetics of the car.... looks good though....

Members online

Back