2000 ls, Low beam not working at all!

YOUNG_LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
2000 ls, v6. Low beam headlight not working ( the right one if your driving. )
Tried different bulbs, works in the left but not in the right, checked/changed fuses that corresponded to it, and nothing ... What could it be ? Certain fuse ? Socket itself ? Help please I have the worst luck period

are you using the right bulbs?
try changing the socket i changed them like 4 times because they were getting melted.
you dont have the worst luck period, water got into my engine, send it to rebuilt, changed coild and after one week it started with mechanical condition again :(
the sockets are like 3 bucks and very easy to change

are you using the right bulbs?
try changing the socket i changed them like 4 times because they were getting melted.
you dont have the worst luck period, water got into my engine, send it to rebuilt, changed coild and after one week it started with mechanical condition again :(
the sockets are like 3 bucks and very easy to change

Yeah there original bulbs, and the bulb works in other side fine, and how do I change the socket ? The wires look like they are all the way into it?? And sorry about your problem too bro,

Mine went out not long avo. Ended up being corroded wires down by the front bumper. I believe 112LS posted a pic of where the wires go bad.

Mine went out not long avo. Ended up being corroded wires down by the front bumper. I believe 112LS posted a pic of where the wires go bad.

just looked up the photos, i didn't check that socket, only the one where the bulb goes in, i will check it in the am, and see what it looks like.

anywhere i can buy they socket with the wires ?

yeah they're like that. you can buy them at any electric car related store, autozone but they might be a little less cheaper. to changhe the socket you will have to cut the wires, peel them on both sockets, reattach the wires and tape them with electric tape and that is all.
the sockets might be a lot cheaper on local stores because they are very generic.

I'm having this problem now since I've gotten my car back from being painted. Don't know what's going on. Getting ready to swap out for HID assemblies so I got to figure it out soon.

yeah they're like that. you can buy them at any electric car related store, autozone but they might be a little less cheaper. to changhe the socket you will have to cut the wires, peel them on both sockets, reattach the wires and tape them with electric tape and that is all.
the sockets might be a lot cheaper on local stores because they are very generic.
Use heat shrink tubing. It's waterproof and there is no deterioration in the tape.

Okay I'm going to check autozone tomorrow, does this sound like my problem?

Is there a way I can test the socket to see of it is bad? Sorry for the double
You could throw a meter on it and post the voltage and such. Did you check the relay?

You could throw a meter on it and post the voltage and such. Did you check the relay?

i checked the fuse in the trunk that corresponds to the low beam headlight, well there was 2, one for right one for left, both are good, and even replaced the one that wasn't working. I'm gonna go buy a volt meeter... used to have one now i don't know where its at. wheres the relay?

#9 and #25 are low beam right and left and they are located on the right side kick panel on the passenger side not in the trunk on my Gen I V8. I don't know how much the setup differs from a 6 to an 8, but I'm betting you still have a fuse panel there. The numbers might be different though. The only SSP relay that the lighting system uses is for the fogs. I'm guessing the headlights go through one of the control modules in the front somewhere.

yeah the fuses for mine are in the trunk ( 9 and 25 ) ill check the kick side panel, and see whats all in there if anything.

#9 and #25 are low beam right and left and they are located on the right side kick panel on the passenger side not in the trunk on my Gen I V8. I don't know how much the setup differs from a 6 to an 8, but I'm betting you still have a fuse panel there. The numbers might be different though. The only SSP relay that the lighting system uses is for the fogs. I'm guessing the headlights go through one of the control modules in the front somewhere.

Not true really. The headlights also pass through one of the SSP relays. Relays inside the FEM control the headlights. (The SSP relay gives them power anytime the key is on and for about 20/30 minutes after the key is turned off.)
Both the SSP relay and the relay in the FEM have to be on for the headlights to be on.

I was looking for relays for him to give him a link all I found were fog relays. Is the headlight relays a manufacturer only product? Some bulbs on the LS are, as I have had to call Flood Ford directly to order.

I was looking for relays for him to give him a link all I found were fog relays. Is the headlight relays a manufacturer only product? Some bulbs on the LS are, as I have had to call Flood Ford directly to order.

So, it's not the SSP relays because he would have symptoms beyond one headlight not working. It could the relay within the FEM, but it very probably isn't. That relay is not user changeable. The whole FEM would have to be replaced. It's much more likely to be a wiring issue.

Members online

No members online now.
Back