2000 LS alternator....

smok3smok3

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Trying to take the alternator out, found two bolts on the bottom of it, but I do not see the third... where is it located?

Thanks in advance.

In most alternators that I've taken out, there are 2 vertical mounted bolts, and usually a horizontally mounted bolt.

even with this diagram, i can not find the bolt. there is obviously two at the bottom of the alternator.. there has to be a third, i see two that seem to be more connected to some other device under there.
Anyone who has done it, do you recall where the top bolt would be??

Thanks in advance.

there are only two mounting ears - right?

if you have pulled the two bolts out but the unit is still stuck in there - then the issue is likely one of the bushing has slid into the alternator mounting hole - holding it firm.

There are bushing in the mounting bracket bolt holes - that allow you to tighten the bolt - but still allows a little movement. you may need to use a blade screwdriver to push the bushing back into the bracket.

there are only two mounting ears - right?

if you have pulled the two bolts out but the unit is still stuck in there - then the issue is likely one of the bushing has slid into the alternator mounting hole - holding it firm.

There are bushing in the mounting bracket bolt holes - that allow you to tighten the bolt - but still allows a little movement. you may need to use a blade screwdriver to push the bushing back into the bracket.

I removed the bolts at the bottom that you can see, there has to be a third on top if I am not mistaken....

here

DSCF2568.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back