20 Inch Chromes Shuddering Feeling?

not all wheels are hub centric, even from the factory they arent on alot of cars so centric rings may help, but probably not also the cars they put 20s on are made to have 20s on them. A town car was designed to have a 16 at the most not a 40 lb 20 . And the lug nuts will center the wheel. the people that put these tires and wheels on your car probably are having a hard time balancing the wheels they need to try to 180 the tire on the wheel and get it to call for less weight or send the tires back and get ones that roll smooth. If there is no mechanical problem then its the wheels plain and simple the car was not designed to have them it can be fixed but hence the term you gotta pay to play.watch the shop do the balance and if it wants more then 4.5 ozs of weight on either the inside or the outside it is a tire issue. make them fix it stand over their shoulders and throw a fit til its right.

I understand what you're saying but on my Mark for example the wheel studs are not centered. even if the wheels are manufactured to be centered on the lugs rather than the hubs (which is not the case on our factory wheels, they are centered @ the hub) the wheel studs are not the center, so if any wheel that is put on a Mark VIII is not sized for our hubs(90% of aftermarket wheels, including Brad's, he sells the rings with them) they will wabble all over the place without rings in them @ highway speeds. Food for thought, I've never seen a tire balancer that used the lug holes on a wheel to balance it(Again, i've never seen one) only at the hub hole with the giant wingnut that's tapered to fit evenly in that hole. I do not claim to have endless knowledge on this subject but on my lincoln, the rings made a world of difference both on the wheels in my sig pic & the speedstars that i'm running now.

Yea I have to the conclusion that it is the hub centric rings. I tried to get them ordered and nobody has been able to get them. So the last month I have given up because now my money is running tight until I find a new job.

:rolleyes: If youve never seen a balancer that uses the lug holes. then apparently you didnt work in a tire shop for 4 years such as I did. Its called a hawaka. and on 50% of aftermarket wheels and the wheels on isuzus can only be balanced with this method. and also this is a towncar not a mark wich has a very common lug pattern.

out of round tires take it back to the tire store and tell them to ck to see if the tires are good. all you have to do is spin them on a balancer. it should be obvious.no front end problems will cause this. it may have caused irregular tire wear but vibrations start at the tire. I worked in many tire stores as a mechanic and tire changer when I was young.if you have a loose front end part it will make it worse but the problem is a bad tire or bent rim.

One solution I noticed nobody posted here was to check with whoever sold you your tires to find out what they are designed for. The shop may have sold you rims for a Chrysler product, like a Charger, telling you it's the same bolt pattern. It isn't. Chryslers use a 5 inch by 115 millimeter pattern, whereas Fords use a 5 inch by 114.3 millimeters. It will bolt up, but unless the rims are perfectly torqued, they will sit slightly off, creating the exact shudder you described. Ford rims are made for Fords, Chrysler rims are made for Chryslers. That seven-tenths of a millimeter is enough to throw off the entire balance.

I'm still here tho lol.

Yea I bet it was something like that. They told me it would bolt right up and yatta yatta. I still haven't fixed the problem, I just kinda try to avoid the highway when I can. I might get some hub centric rings. If that doesn't work it has to be what you described.

They were prolly trying to make me pay and leave.

I'm still here tho lol.

Yea I bet it was something like that. They told me it would bolt right up and yatta yatta. I still haven't fixed the problem, I just kinda try to avoid the highway when I can. I might get some hub centric rings. If that doesn't work it has to be what you described.

They were prolly trying to make me pay and leave.

heheh

I had to giggle when i read all these post and then it ends at hubcentric rings that i mentioned in post 3

Members online

Back