2 systems "Not Ready" to pass inspection - need help

stumpie

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
LS can't pass inspection due to multiple systems "Not Ready"

Evap system
Catalyst

I have known for a bit that my cats are rough, especially at startup when the engine is cold, harsh idle and unresponsive throttle (stupid computer-controlled throttle body). Warms up and everything is fine...

I had recently cleared a Catalyst Inefficiency code, and have since driven over 300 miles without a CEL, but the systems are still "Not Ready" and therefore I can't get me a new sticker. Any suggestions to reset systems? Just a battery disconnect for a few? Will that do, maybe?

I thought it had to be drive "cycles", not necessarily miles.

Yep, drive cycles and certain conditions. For example, the evap monitor will not complete until you drive with the gas tank at the right fill levels (I think that 3/4 full is one of them). If you Google it, you should find the right things to do.

Could a faulty fuel level sensor affect these systems in a way that would prevent them from being ready for test? (My gas needle is always between 1-0.5. The tank goes empty at 0.5, right after the needle crashes to E with a "FUEL COMPUTER DATA ERROR" on the message center).

Members online

Back