2 frozen Air susp. dryers

billcu

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
In 2 days.

I've had this before, so I recognized the symptoms. It happened (black car) when we got a lot of rain, then temps in the teens for about a week. The compressor runs, but the car won't lift and the compressor times out. I turned the switch in the trunk off and drove home, it was just a little lower than normal.

I drove the green Mark to work the next day (no salt yet) and it froze the same way. :eek: Luckily, we have a garage at work. I parked it in there, it thawed out, I pumped it up, and I drove home with the switch off.

I swapped the dryer from the black car with a brand new one from the Town Car compressor that I put in my green car a couple of years ago (one of these days I'll put a Mark compressor back in there:) ). The only difference in the drier is the cap. The Town Car has one airline hole, the Mark has four.

While I was working on the compressor, I pulled the spider valve out of my red car, and put it into the black car. I was going to do this anyway, so this was a good time for it.

I dumped all the saturated dessicant beads from the black dryer onto a paper plate, and they are drying next to the heat register in my living room. I can hear them drying, they are expanding or contracting and falling off the top of the pile onto the plate.:D

I'm in no hurry drying this dryer out, I won't be driving the green one soon, as the weather is predicting salt this week. When it's dry, I'll put it in the green car, then dry that one out as a spare.

Bill, thanks for my daily confusion. I needed that.:) Anyway, glad to see that you got it all worked out. Just as I was reading all that, my dad came into my room with his new compressor that was only used for about 2 weeks, if that and gave it to me. Now I have one if mine ever goes out. It came from Eddie so I know it's good.

Spares are great!

Sorry about the confusion, I have trouble myself sometimes working on these cars, rembering when I replaced what, and the car it was on. I just now started writing the color of the car on my parts receipts.:)

What a pita... that is the number one reason I wouldn't DD an air ride Mark in the winter....

It's actually worth the trouble if you have a module 8.

I live on a short road that doesn't get snow plowed, it's nice to raise the car up over the snow sometimes.:D

One time I bottomed out on some snow, then I lowered the car with the module to compress the snow. Then I raised it back up and drove away.:cool:

It's actually worth the trouble if you have a module 8.

I live on a short road that doesn't get snow plowed, it's nice to raise the car up over the snow sometimes.:D

One time I bottomed out on some snow, then I lowered the car with the module to compress the snow. Then I raised it back up and drove away.:cool:

Nice.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back