1st post

Hi pepperman

pepperman said:
Dereck,
You are more than welcome to move to the United States if you want
we have room for you over here. :give :Beer :L

You may have plenty of room, but your immigration service don't seem to like hard working, tax paying, law abiding citizens of the UK. Instead prefer people from oppressive regimes, such as China, Libya, Cuba ETC, but hey lets not get into that, far too political.

Thanks for the offer

Many regards

Dereck

Dereck said:
Hi pepperman

You may have plenty of room, but your immigration service don't seem to like hard working, tax paying, law abiding citizens of the UK. Instead prefer people from oppressive regimes, such as China, Libya, Cuba ETC, but hey lets not get into that, far too political.

Thanks for the offer

Many regards

Dereck

I'm interested. What exactly do you mean? If your afraid of offending someone don't worry about it. Everyone has the right of opinion.
:Beer

Yeah im curious too man. If i went to any country besides the US it would be England. Whats up with immigration?

Hi All

As I haven't got enough money to buy my way into the states and I am not in a "needed" profession about my only way into the states is by being sponsored by an employer, the rules of sponsorship are a bit prohibitive for an employer to go through for me, when there are millions of American mechanics out there.

Secondly, once a year your immigration service hold a lottery, whereby a certain number of names are drawn out of the hat, all you have to do is fill in a form and you are in the draw, unfortunately six or seven countries are excluded from the draw the UK and Canada are two of them can't remember the others.

I think your immigration service has something against UK citizens, did you read the story of two of the widows (UK born) of the 9/11 attack, who had lived in the states for 12 or 14 years, had a couple of children born in America but because there husbands (Americans) had died in the attack were being deported back to the UK, after a lot of media attention I believe they were allowed to stay.

If you do a quick search of the web you will see how awkward it is for hard working, tax paying, law abiding people to get into the states.

Regards

Dereck

Wow, I didn't even know we had any type of strict immigration policies anymore. Sorry to hear about the troubles. I can say a vast majority of us Americans have nothing agaist you citizens of the UK. Just come over here and live without a visa... thats what the Mexicans do. :)

Yeah man that sucks. If it makes you feel better there are a lot stupid people over here (especially in detroit) that might make you miss home. Then again if you enjoy those luxo barges you might enjoy the suburb life.

No wonder we just get trash that take money out of our checks coming over here. Hey if you want we can get a petition started. Anything I can do let me know.

How long have you lived in the UK?

Hey if you try that no visa thing, i have an extra couch and i can cook for three. :D

Hi Pepsi2185

I was born in the UK, lived here ever since, according to the saying life will begin for me next year so maybe it will be the year I get to join you guys in the land of the free :)

Thanks for the offer of the couch, hope it sleeps two, I would have to bring the girlfriend :)

Regards

Dereck

We await your arrival Dereck and will have Little Debbie Snack Cakes waiting. :give :Beer :p :p :L

Hi pepperman

I can't remember posting my love of Little Debbie Cakes on this board :)

Regards

Dereck

Dereck,
I know about it from Lincolns online i am a junior member there under a different name. :give :Beer :p :L

Members online

Back