1st phase on the mark

joka

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
big brake conversion 13" front 11.65" rears, new bags front and rear, hub conversion, all new poly bushings (bought when i had 89 cougar, may he rip)

replacing rear shocks tbird replacement (hopefully front bag will have new strut) seen strange responses on that?

Well after doing my homework i think i found the rim and tire combo that i am going for on the mark....

cruzin concepts 17x9 crome cobra r 5 lug 36mm backspacing and toyo proxes 4 275-40-14 rear and 245-45-17 front....

not a bad price on rims and tire $140 for rim and $153/173 for the tires....

just wanted to say thanks to everyone @ lvc finding this site has been a great education, best place to find technical info, help me ten fold

Sounds great...

To make the rear mounts just use the old ones and knock off the worn out rubber section.

Use the bushings from the new shock and you have new mounts for free...

You'll have a lot of tire rub with the 275's and a 9" rim, might want to stick with 245's all the way around. I've had no tire rub at all. My buddy has 275's and they rub, worse with passengers in the back.

pic will come when work starts

still getting all da parts together, looking like everything should be in hand late oct. car will be coming off da road a couple weeks after that anyway just before first snowfall...

rims will have to come out of cali so price whent up like 100 and they can't mount so that means more $$$

was talking to the townfair tire guy and he quoted me a price 4 rims and tires mounted and balanced and front end alignment with all the warranties and goodies for like $1400 which when u think about it thats not all that bad....

I have a question about the front struts, all these struts from arnott, strutmaster, and american air are basically used just a new bag or is it a new assembly all together?

does anyone have ford part number for a new front strut and estimated price?

thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back