1st Gen Sunroof Questions

chris2523

93 Mark VIII
Reaction score
1. anybody have a sunroof and track for a 1st gen? mine broke. need a replacement. no yards in the area that have a mark that i know of. but, a couple cougar/birds.
which leads me to...

2. will a sunroof and track from a similar year cougar/thunderbird work?
my dad has an 89 cougar xr7 and the sunroof looks like it would fit. sunroof glass is the same size, same motor, same number of screws, etc.
short of me pulling the other roof track and test fitting, and then putting it back cuz i don't think my dad would let me keep it, can anyone confirm/deny?

I have a sunroof out of a '96 in pretty good shape, but no track.
Bought it before finding out that my busted sunroof was an aftermarket.

If it'll help you, I'll give it to you for shipping and a case of beer.

I have a sunroof out of a '96 in pretty good shape, but no track.
Bought it before finding out that my busted sunroof was an aftermarket.

If it'll help you, I'll give it to you for shipping and a case of beer.

i'm holding out for the whole thing. but if i need it, i'll let you know. thanks.

I have a sunroof in a 94 you can buy the entire car and use the sunroof.:lol:

:lol: well, not quite what i was thinking..

Hey Chris. I might have a good working sunroof in my 93 parts car. I'm pretty sure it works fine but I need to test it. I'm going down to the parts car farm this weekend, so I will take a battery and test it. As for your other ? if you look on car-part.com they list t-birds and cougars as if they will work, but if you search for 97-98 sunroofs they also list t-birds and cougars, and I know 1st and 2nd gens are not the same sunroof so I'm not sure if they do work or not. I'm sure you probably want to get it fixed as soon as possible since it's getting cold around here. I'll check on Sat. and let you know.

I'm going down to the parts car farm..

man, i want a parts car farm! lol.

if you look on car-part.com they list t-birds and cougars as if they will work, but if you search for 97-98 sunroofs they also list t-birds and cougars, and I know 1st and 2nd gens are not the same sunroof so I'm not sure if they do work or not.

i had heard that 97-98 sunroofs from marks interchange with the ones in 97-98 cougars and birds. so was hoping earlier one's swapped as well.

I'm sure you probably want to get it fixed as soon as possible since it's getting cold around here. I'll check on Sat. and let you know.

awesome! thank you for checking.

Members online

Back