1st gen clear corner lenses?

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
Anyone ever attempted to cut apart and remove the amber lense from a set of first gen corners? If so, how did it turn out, and what did it look like on the car?

I dont think it is possible, the thought has occured to me, however I think that since the yellow is on the exterior of to lense housing, it would always look like something was missing.

I thought about it when I had my 1st gen but now I have a 2nd gen and mine are very clear:D. I think I started a thread a while back on the same subject as you. Jamie may have tried it???

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=62937&highlight=sapperfires&page=4

it's just showing a [?] for the pic on my phone now, maybe you can load the pics, I deleted them from my phone library but they were posted by Laser so I dunno.

Anyway, I used 2 pocket screw drivers and a box cutter to get them apart, and clear plastic solid silicone to put em together, had to use gorilla super glue for the chrome strip and black trim

I decided to be lazy and lay some chrome tape over the amber part, got the idea from someone on here who had a pic. I just bought clear corners for my TBird, can't stand that amber crap.

Just FYI, the amber is a DOT regulation and you can be cited for not having it

I saw this online about a year ago... Fell in love with the car but never followed through. I'm guessing it's silver vinyl like the one they make the car decals out of. I'm planning on doing that with a few other things in February. If you end up doing it first keep us posted!
NOTE: I have no idea who owns this car nor what he ended up doing to it.

96LSCfrontatshop.jpg

96LSCfrontpassatgarage.jpg

I've got a junk corner lense. Im going to attempt it. If it turns out well, I may do a set to swap in once the car is back to 100%. I planned to put clear tinted vinyl on the headlights and taillights to" smoke" them without doing permanent harm to my nearly brand new headlight housings, and use the amber silverstar bulbs in the corners and turn signals....

Just FYI, the amber is a DOT regulation and you can be cited for not having it

Not surprising at all, fortunately the amber LED bulb behind it can still be seen well at night, and the amber not being there doesn't attract any notice during the day (looks like it was made that way.) So unless somebody's REALLY paying attention, I'll be fine. Good looking out for anyone who may read this thread, though.

I saw this online about a year ago... Fell in love with the car but never followed through. I'm guessing it's silver vinyl like the one they make the car decals out of. I'm planning on doing that with a few other things in February. If you end up doing it first keep us posted!
NOTE: I have no idea who owns this car nor what he ended up doing to it.

96LSCfrontatshop.jpg

96LSCfrontpassatgarage.jpg

That is ExoticLSC's old gen1 I believe. IIRC it was totalled

Members online

Back